Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

TheSkyX Pro Demo

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Jon Posted: 08-17-2010 8:45 AM

Is there a SkyX demo version I can download - so I can evaluate the software?

Jon Steel

California

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,229
Software Bisque Employee

Software Bisque does not offer a demonstration version of TheSkyX Pro (downloading the 1.5 GB installer is simply cost prohibitive).  We will refund your money if you are not satisfied.

If you have any specific questions about TheSkyX Pro's feature set, I'd be happy to help answer them!

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 0

Where can I find a FAQ or description of telescope control using SkyX?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,229
Software Bisque Employee

On TheSkyX's web site, at TheSkyX Professional Edition Supported Telescopes

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 5

I've been using SGP  it's ok, but it simply integrates external software and due to this - there is a lot of  (dozing off/ hang ups?) as it's waiting for an external program to reply.  It was cute - but when it hangs its seriously frustrating.

I downloaded and have a 80 day trial of PRISM.  The all in one form factor and featurs are jaw dropping. The sky chart is a bit  'odd' and the program though impressived (I planned on paying 450 for it).  It tends to lack polish.  (eye candy, frills?). 

A friend suggested I consider SkyX pro.  I run a remote obsy in my yard (300 ft away). TOTALLY remote.  I'd like a all in on solution.  Prism's "graphic display of the dome rotating and position of it and the shutter/scope is very cool.  Does SkyX or the add on for domes have this?

I read you have no demo, but will refund. I have about 75 days left to try Prism. If I put SkyX pro and compare for the next 75 days I can get a full refund at that time? We're talking over 2 months. 

If so I will buy - try and install to compare. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,015
Software Bisque Employee

rojoyinc:
Prism's "graphic display of the dome rotating and position of it and the shutter/scope is very cool.  Does SkyX or the add on for domes have this?

I'm not familiar with Prism's presentation of a dome, but below is a sample of how the dome slit is currently represented in TheSkyX Professional Edition with the Dome Add On. Note that the Dome Add On, Camera Add On and TPoint Add On may be freely trialed for 90 days with the purchase of TheSkyX Professional Edition.

rojoyinc:
I read you have no demo, but will refund. I have about 75 days left to try Prism. If I put SkyX pro and compare for the next 75 days I can get a full refund at that time?

See our knowledge base article Is a Trial Version of TheSkyX Software Available?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+