Software Bisque

ST-8300 and CCDSoft version 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,995
Software Bisque Employee

I don't have the hardware, so if you could try one more thing...

• Exit CCDSoft.
  • Start CCDSoft, choose "SBIG Internal STL CFW" as the filter wheel.
  • Connect to the camera.
  • Connect to the filter wheel.
  • Go to the take image tab, choose a different Filter.
  • Take an image.

Did the filter change? Does the image have a FILTER keyword?

descarte:
nothing allows me to take a color image all options return an error code (undescribed error).

This could be an separate problem all together.  What is the error code?

Matthew Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,995
Software Bisque Employee

Threepwood:

I can select the ST-8300 (camera), but when I do, none of the filter wheel options are able to control the FW5-8300 (filter wheel).

SBIG just confirmed that CCDSoft can control a FW5-8300 (by choosing "SBIG CFW-10" or "SBIG Internal STL" - both work).

When you say "none of the filter wheel options are able to control the FW5-8300 ", what are the specific symptoms?  Error code? The filters are grayed out? The filter doesn't move?  Something "else" is going on here.

Matthew Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Not Ranked
Posts 2

Hi Matthew,

That worked just fine, SBIG Internal STL CFW, the filters change position and images have the right color name appended. Also the take color option also seems to work with this filter wheel option.

Many thanks for spending the time to help solve the problem for my set up.

Regards,

Steve

Not Ranked
Posts 3

Hi Dan,

Sorry about the poor description of the problem I was encountering, though it appears that everything is working well now.

I uninstalled CCDSoft (which I had previously installed from the disk provided by SBIG), then downloaded and installed from the website: full installer, latest update, and the daily build.

As before the reinstallation, when CCDSoft starts, the following dialog box briefly appears: "Failed to update system registry. Please try using REGEDIT."

In the camera setup dialog, I select "SBIG ST-402/8300/1602/3200" and "SBIG CFW-9" for the filter wheel. The filter wheel now moves as expected before every exposure.

As far as I can tell, reinstalling the software solved the problem, and the registry "error" is not effecting the operation of the camera or filter wheel.

Thanks for your help and patience,
John Batts 

Not Ranked
Posts 8

I have had the same problem as Steve.  However I did downloaded the "daily"  (on 6-16-12) and can now connect the STF  camera.  The problem remains with the FW5-8300.  Using the CFW  8,9,or10 does not work.  It looks like it is connected, but the wheel does not rotate.

Mark

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,995
Software Bisque Employee

descarte:
and nothing allows me to take a color image all options return an error code

Do you mean when you press the "Take Color" button on the Color tab?

What is the error code?

On the Take Image tab, can you choose a different filter and click "Take Image" and have the filter change?

Your screen shot didn't attach, just go to Help, About and tell me the version of CCDSoft listed there?

Restore CCDSoft to defaults (here is how) and see if the problem persists.

Matthew Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Not Ranked
Posts 10

I have the 8300 with the fw8, As there is no fw-8 under filter wheel, I chose the cfw-8, however that only shows 5 filter positions. However, if I choose the CFW-10 It gives me 10 filter slots. My question is will it pick the proper filter and align properly even though I only have 8 filters and the software is for a wheel with 10?

Chris

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,995
Software Bisque Employee

cfogarty:
My question is will it pick the proper filter and align properly even though I only have 8 filters and the software is for a wheel with 10?

Yes.

Matthew Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

© 2017 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+