Software Bisque

Click to purchase TheSky for iOS on the App Store

TheSkyX and the Meade RCX-400!

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Brad Draper Posted: 11-23-2011 10:56 AM

I am thinking about upgrading from The Sky 6 Pro to The Sky X but have a question about your Meade RCX-400 Driver. What functions of the RCX-400 will I have access to using the included driver in The Sky X. I have tried to use the 3rd party Ajai Sehgal RCX Driver with my current version and have had no success but would like to have more control of the unique features of this scope over what the standard LX-200 and Autostar Drivers offer. Thanks in advance for your help.

Brad Draper, Charlotte, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 18,181
Software Bisque Employee

Brad Draper:
but would like to have more control of the unique features of this scope over what the standard LX-200 and Autostar Drivers offer.
Do you have a specific list of these features? 

FWIW, TheSkyX Pro can "simulate" hand paddle control, so that you can essentially access every hand paddle setting from software.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Dan's Blog

Not Ranked
Posts 0

Thanks for your quick response ! As long as I can have the Remote Hand Box available I would be fine. Is there an option for this type of control with my current version of The Sky 6 Pro? If so what do I need to do to get it going? I really like the current version along with T-Point and would love to continue using it if possible. Up until now I have been connecting to Meades Remote Hand Box and setting everything up and then disconnecting from that to connect to The Sky for it's use.

Thanks again for your help !

Not Ranked
Posts 0

I'm not sure if my last reply went through, but thanks for the quick response and info. Is this "Simulated" Hand Paddle available with my current version of The Sky 6 Pro and if so how would I set that up? This is all I would really need in order to control the scope remotely and would allow me to continue using my current version along with T-Point, both of which I really like and enjoy using.

Thanks Again, Brad D.

Not Ranked
Posts 0

Is this Autostar II Remote Hand Paddle driver available for my current version of The Sky 6 Pro or is it only available in the new Sky X Pro? If so where would I get the driver? I really like my current set up and this would allow me to have the controls on the scope that I need to use for remote imaging sessions.

Thanks !

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 18,181
Software Bisque Employee

Brad Draper:
Is this "Simulated" Hand Paddle available with my current version of The Sky 6 Pro
No,  This is a new feature in TheSkyX.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Dan's Blog

Not Ranked
Posts 0

Thanks Daniel ! I am very interested in moving over to the new version but would love to see how it works with my current set up before doing so. Is there any way to get a trial timed version in order to try it out before hand?  If I switch over will I also need a new version of T-Point?

Thanks Again, Brad D.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 18,181
Software Bisque Employee

The TPoint Add On (Mac or Windows), or the TPoint Add On Upgrade for existing TPoint for Windows owners, is optional, but the "user interface" is built into TheSkyX Pro (so there's no additional software is needed).

There's also a 90-day trial period for all TheSkyX Pro Add Ons, including the TPoint Add On, so you can use it to try modeling your mount.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Dan's Blog

Not Ranked
Posts 0

So what you are saying is that if I upgrade to The Sky X I will also need to upgrade my copy of T-Point but is there also a trial version of The Sky X Pro? This is what I am most concerned with since I really want to see how well the AutoStar II Driver works with my RCX400 and if it will be reliable enough to use to operate my scope remotely.

Thanks, Brad D.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 18,181
Software Bisque Employee

Brad Draper:
So what you are saying is that if I upgrade to The Sky X I will also need to upgrade my copy of T-Point but is there also a trial version of The Sky X Pro?
Correct.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Dan's Blog

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

© 2014 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+