Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Comparison of ACP and Orchestrate

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Rick Marsh Posted: 08-11-2013 1:17 PM

I am about to select a method for controlling my telescope in a remote hosting environment.  I already own The Sky Professional and am pleased with its capabilities but have not yet not tried Orchestrate.  Do you have a comparison of Orchestrate and ACP?  How can I verify the compatibility of my camera, short of testing it, because it is not currently set up.  I have the Celestron Nightscape camera and of course the Paramount ME.

My mode of operation would be to set up a script for the evening and not be connected to my remote computer during the collection.  I would also like the camera to take an image at a precise time specified in the script.

I also have a Celestron NexImage5 camera on a piggyback scope and wonder if that can also be controlled to take video and store the video files for later analysis.

Thanks,

Rick Marsh

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,804
Software Bisque Employee

Rick Marsh:
Do you have a comparison of Orchestrate and ACP? 
No; Orchestrate is a simple script that processes sequential commands (and, optionally, VB scripts).

Third-party automation software like CCDAP, ACP and CCDCommander have greater flexibility for observatory planning (and much more).

Rick Marsh:
I have the Celestron Nightscape
You'll need to use the ASCOM driver to control this model camera from the Camera Add On.

Rick Marsh:
I also have a Celestron NexImage5 camera on a piggyback scope and wonder if that can also be controlled to take video and store the video files for later analysis.
Orchestrate will not acquire video this way (The Camera Add On can control video devices, but not in an automated fashion).

I hope this helps.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 440

Thanks to Daniel for a fair and balanced reply. Rick if you want info on ACP you can contact us at info@dc3.com or 480 396 9700 M-F 8-5 MST (yes standard, UTC-7, we're in Arizona).

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+