Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

The Sky Version 4

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 4
pmartjr Posted: 05-18-2014 8:49 PM

Hello,

I just got a newer computer than my old 32 bit Window XP computer. Apparently my version of The Sky will not work on my newer 64 bit Windows 7 unit. Is there a way to get this operating on my new computer?

Thank you,

Paul Martin

Dayton, OH

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,669
Software Bisque Employee

pmartjr:
Apparently my version of The Sky will not work on my newer 64 bit Windows 7 unit.
Correct. TheSky Version 4, released in 1995 for the Windows 95 operating system, is not compatible with Windows 7 64.

pmartjr:
Is there a way to get this operating on my new computer?
Software Bisque offers TheSky licensees an upgrade to TheSkyX, the latest release.

TheSkyX is available in three Editions: http://www.bisque.com/sc/pages/TheSkyX-Editions.aspx.  (previously called "Levels" in TheSky version 4).

You are eligible to upgrade to TheSkyX Serious Astronomy Edition: http://www.bisque.com/sc/shops/store/Software/TheSkyX+Editions/Serious+Upgrades/default.aspx?PageIndex=0, or TheSkyX Professional Edition: http://www.bisque.com/sc/pages/TheSkyXProUpgrade.aspx#TheSkyXUpgradeOptions.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 4

Hello Dan, Thank you for responding. I have not been able to locate my original disc box as I needed to keep the disc in my laptop for the program to work as needed. For some reason, it never fully loaded all the data like on my past computers. Regardless, I now know it won't work with my latest laptop with Windows 7 and my newest desk top with Windows 8.1. Both are 64 bit systems. To be clear, since I currently own an older The Sky program, I am able to purchase the latest programs at a discounted price? Would I be correct in assuming if I get the box version with DVD, I can load that on both my laptop and desktop, but that would not be possible with the online download? Please clarify how that works and I will place my order for the appropriate version. My The Sky IV, Version 4's serial number is XXXXXXXX.

Thank you,

Paul

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,669
Software Bisque Employee

pmartjr:
To be clear, since I currently own an older The Sky program, I am able to purchase the latest programs at a discounted price?
Yes.

pmartjr:
Would I be correct in assuming if I get the box version with DVD, I can load that on both my laptop and desktop, but that would not be possible with the online download?
Both options allow TheSkyX to be installed on two computers: www.bisque.com/eula.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+