Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Connection to Sky Watcher SynScan from TheSky SA running on a MAC

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
fabio tartaglia Posted: 03-05-2016 2:16 PM

Good Evening

I have installed TheSky SA edition on my MAC power book. I have a usb serial adapter seen by the MAC but I am not able to connect to the Synscan system. In the PDF manual Synscan is listed but if I go to telescope and telescope set up the SKY Watcher brand is not even listed among the various telescopes 

thanks

fabio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,891
Software Bisque Employee

Fabio,

SkyWatcher models are listed under "Orion Telescopes & Binoculars" in TheSkyX's list of supported mounts/telescopes. Most, if not all, of the SkyWatcher, Orion and Celestron go-to telescopes share the same NexStar communications protocol.

If your exact model isn't listed, you could use the "Any model using the SynScan controller" option.

One thing to be aware of is this note from page 31 of the SkyWatcher SynScan manual:

Note: The SynScan hand control cannot work with [an astronomical] application when it is in the following status:

• When checking GPS information (Section 12.2).
  • During the PEC training process.
  • When working in PC Direct mode (Section 9.2).

It is a common mistake to put the SynScan in PC Direct mode, but this should not be done when connecting with a program such as TheSkyX.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+