Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Case for MyT

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Jim Duke Posted: 04-13-2016 4:02 PM

Hey, I love my little MyT, but I'm worried about marring the pretty finish on the mount when I take it to Star Parties such as TSP.  Are you going to make a carrying case for it?

Jim

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,879
Software Bisque Employee

Jim Duke:
Are you going to make a carrying case for it?
Consider:

Both should gently cradle the Paramount MYT and provide exceptional security and protection.

Thank you.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,987
Universal Subscription Licensee

I asked last year and the response was:

The case we recommend for the MYT is the Pelican iM2875.

This case works very well but it will not hold anything else beyond the mount. You also have to pull the altitude adjustment down to 0  for it to fit.  Samller than the 1650. I thiink you can get them from B&H photo pretty reasonably.

Roy

www.roystarman.com

I am not employed by Software Bisque, but I am a satisfied customer.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 112

I too was concerned about my MyT being damaged during transport. And the concern is real because I'm 100% portable, travelling to and from a dark(er) site for every session.

The options for a case as Daniel listed above are certainly good ones, and they are probably near bullet proof. However, they are quite heavy just on their own. My 65 yr. old back would protest.

I ended up with a workable compromise. I bought a sturdy piece of luggage (suitcase) after noting the measurements of the MyT (as adjusted for my latitude). I put some dense foam in the bottom. The suitcase come with straps inside that are strong enough to secure the weight of the mount. I put another similarly sized piece of foam on top of the mount and zip up the case. It has the usual wheels, but I can easily carry the whole thing when I have to. The suitcase was less than $100.

Proud Owner: Paramount MyT

Not Ranked
Posts 11

Thanks-that's a pretty good idea.  I plan on using the foam insert that came with the shipping box.  Time to do some suitcase shopping!

Not Ranked
Posts 11

Thanks Daniel.  I'm looking at my options.  I might even make my own custom plywood case with wheels, but it might be a bit heavy.

Not Ranked
Posts 11

I wound up buying a Seahorse SE 1220 case with pluck-foam insert via eBay-I'll let you know how it works when I get it.  It's plenty big enough for the mount and counterweight bar.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,879
Software Bisque Employee

Thanks for everyone's input.  There's no doubt that these forums provide exceptional information that is not possible via private email or over through conversations on the phone.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 27

It appears the Scopeguard MyT case may have been discontinued. Unfortunate, if true, but the Pelican case option looks good. So good, that I just ordered a 1650 case for my MyT that’s on order now.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65

I use a Pelican 1650 and some custom foam I had made from a company online. If you're interested, I will post photos and the link to the vendor.  They have the design I made posted on their site, which one can use or modify to their own taste. 

Regards,

Bill R.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,324
Software Bisque Employee

Also consider our own Paramount MYT Soft Carrying Case Set.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,235

Brian Rickard:

Also consider our own Paramount MYT Soft Carrying Case Set.

I have and use this case for portable imaging and absolutely LOVE it. The best part about it is that it adds almost no weight to the mount so its very simple to carry around. At first I thought that changing the elevation would be a pain, but after doing it for a while its no big deal at all.

Highly recommended!

Not Ranked
Posts 27

Bill,

I just took delivery of a Pelican 1650 case, so would be interested in learning more about the custom foam inserts you mentioned  The foam that comes with the case appears to be a bit too soft for a 35 lb mount.  Thanks!

Steve

(I sort of wish I’d seen the soft case SB sells, but I think a hard case is better in the long run.j

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,235

Steven Greco:
(I sort of wish I’d seen the soft case SB sells, but I think a hard case is better in the long run.j

Think about it this way... SB ships your mount in a cardboard box with hard foam. That exact foam goes into the SB soft cases, which are far tougher than a cardboard box. At the same time you are only adding a few ounces of added weight over the box.

If all you are doing is transporting your mount to and from a dark site and not shipping the mount across the country, the soft bags are all you need to safely transport your MyT.

If you are shipping your mount, then yes a hard case would offer better protection from the shipping apes.

It your vertebrae! ;)

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+