Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

PMX park position question

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Peter B Posted: 04-23-2016 7:19 PM

Hello,

I'm considering purchasing a PMX and just want to ensure it is compatible with my existing (small) observatory.  In particular the low roof height (roof closed) requires the mount to be parked with the counterweight shaft horizontal and the OTA horizontal.  I am located in the southern hemisphere (latitude 27 south) and want to park with the counterweights east and OTA pointing below the South Celestial Pole.

Is it possible for the PMX to park in this position or alternately is it possible to manually move the mount and leave it in this position after parking?

I see in the user manual (page 100) it says don't position the mount with the CW shaft horizontal however I assume this is ok when the OTA/CW's are in balance?

Thanks

Peter

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,343
Software Bisque Employee

Peter B:
Is it possible for the PMX to park in this position
Yes.  See these related thread: http://www.bisque.com/sc/forums/p/14500/56741.aspx#56741

Peter B:
I see in the user manual (page 100) it says don't position the mount with the CW shaft horizontal however I assume this is ok when the OTA/CW's are in balance?
This is a confusing issue, for sure. GEMs can point to positions near hour angle 0 when the OTA is on either side of the pier.  See the Park Position Rules on the Paramount User Guide, and this related post: http://www.bisque.com/sc/forums/p/21504/95547.aspx#95547 for more information.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+