Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Mini USB Port

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 20
sollner77 Posted: 09-12-2016 3:36 PM

When plugging the square end of the standard mini USB cable connector into the mini USB 2.0 port, the mini USB port separated from the electronics board.  I removed the rectangular piece which had housed the port, and removed the now loose mini port.  It looks as though the mini port had been soldered onto the board as there were two small "mounds" of solder where the port had been stalled originally. 

I would like to know the best methodology for re-attaching the mini port to the board, and ensuring the connection to the board re-establishes operational connectivity to the cable connector.  

The MYt is no longer under warranty, as I purchased it from OPT May of 2015.  Thanks for your help.

Mike von Berg

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 27,398
Software Bisque Employee

sollner77:
I would like to know the best methodology for re-attaching the mini port to the board

sollner77:
The MYt is no longer under warranty
If the soldering on the USB connector has failed, then the options are:

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 5

I just had the same thing happen.  It certainly looks like a very flimsy connection, especially for a mount of such overall quality.  

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+