Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

TPoint Analysis

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 9
solaris Posted: 12-23-2016 7:07 AM

Hi SB

We have a remotely setup MX+ with a 5" refractor and we are refining our alignment just now. I am very happy with the overall performance but I was wondering if anyone could take a quick look at the result of a 125 data point run and suggest if the results could be improved. We have a heavy camera at quite a distance from the focuser so flex would be the first thought on my mind! I will include some photos of the results in case it shows something.

Thanks for the help!

Douglas

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 23,994
Software Bisque Employee

solaris:
I was wondering if anyone could take a quick look at the result of a 125 data point run and suggest if the results could be improved.
To best analyze the mount's performance, please share the TPoint Settings file instead of a PNG screen shot.  It's located in the TPoint folder of TheSkyX's Application Support Files folder.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 9

Hi Daniel

Here is the file you requested. It is slightly different as it is now a 177 data point run, 5" refractor MX+ heavy CCD quite a distance from a heavy duty focuser.

Your input greatly appreciated. Loving the Mount/TPoint combo!

Douglas

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,975

This data set has an odd feature, that explains the indifferent (for a Paramount) RMS result and the funny-looking scatter diagram, in the opening post. The residuals are stretched out left-right. Here's a scatter diagram relative to up and left rather than the usual north and east:

How firm are the pier arrangements?

Not Ranked
Posts 9

Thanks for the reply! I only just saw your response. It seems pretty rigid. We didnt install it, it was fabricated as part of a purpose built facility, and we rent the space, but the equipment is all ours. I am happy with the numbers, but you think the pier is not quite rigid? Can you elaborate further? We might be able to make amendments on our next visit out there.

Best Wishes

Douglas

Not Ranked
Posts 9

Hi Again,

Any other observations about our TPoint model and what it may mean?

Thanks again

Douglas

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,975

solaris:
I am happy with the numbers, but you think the pier is not quite rigid? Can you elaborate further?
It is just that a left-right spread can't easily be explained by anything wrong with the (equatorial) mount, or the telescope. You need to look for unwanted motion in azimuth. The amount will be tiny: 10 arcsec is one part in 20,000.

Not Ranked
Posts 9

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for looking at the data. We will take a look at the pier next time we can

Douglas

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

© 2017 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+