Software Bisque

Existing SkyX owner looking to purchase new MX+

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Ian Posted: 02-16-2017 9:08 PM

I have been so happy with my SkyX software and unhappy with my existing mount, I'm going to move forward with a MX+ purchase.  I read that the mount comes with a SkyX copy which means that I will have an extra one.  I am not sure why I would need two copies and am concerned that I may even end up with inadvertant errors as files overwrite each other across instances of the software.  So, I ask the following question in hopes of being true to the license agreement which I am hoping you can interpret for me:

1.  Can I migrate my extra copy of SkyX to another computer?

2.  Can I sell the software to another user and transfer over the license?

3.  Can I use one subscription for both copies?

Thanks,

Ian

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,127
Software Bisque Employee

Ian:
I'm going to move forward with a MX+ purchase.

Wonderful!

Ian:
I read that the mount comes with a SkyX copy which means that I will have an extra one.

Included with a Paramount MX+ is the Paramount MX Software Suite, which includes TheSkyX Professional Edition for all supported OSes, the Camera and TPoint Add Ons, as well as a license to use these on up to six computers for your personal use.

In comparison, a standard license for TheSkyX entitles the owner to install the that software for a single OS onto up to two computers for personal use.

Ian:
1.  Can I migrate my extra copy of SkyX to another computer?

Per our Software License Agreement, each licensed copy of a software product may be installed on up to two computers for the owner's personal use. A Multi-OS and Six-License Add On or a site license may be purchased to allow installation on additional computers.

Ian:
2.  Can I sell the software to another user and transfer over the license?

Yes. See Transfer a Software License.

Ian:
3.  Can I use one subscription for both copies?

A subscription provides access to our latest installers for the product(s). For your own personal use, I don't think there's any reason to maintain a separate subscription to TheSkyX. You can either keep both copies/serial numbers, or transfer one to another user.

Incidentally, the cost of the optional annual subscription renewal is the same for both TheSkyX Professional Edition and the Paramount MX Software Suite (currently USD $100).

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2017 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+