Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

add-ons

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 10
David Klein Posted: 06-11-2017 11:09 AM

Do you ever have sales on the add ons?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,567
Software Bisque Employee

The Camera Add On for TheSkyX Professional Edition is currently on sale from USD $199 to $150.

Also, if you're considering several add ons, you might look at the Universal Subscription Upgrade Options. If you already have one add on, this upgrade can save you $500 off the regular price of the Universal Subscription.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 10

Is there anyway of getting a 90 day trial of the dome add on? Also, here is my setup for now. Im using a dome driver by lesvedome. I have a cpc1100 telescope and running nexremote on the computer (only because I like the hybernate option and can power the telescope off with everything else and not loose alignment) . Im using nexhub for virtual serial ports. Im using poth. When i connect theskyx it connects but then I loose tracking I think in dec. Any idea? have to close everything down to get it tracking again. Would really like to try the dome plugin if possible. Thanks so much for you time on this.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,567
Software Bisque Employee

TheSkyX Professional Edition comes with a free 90-day trial of the Camera, TPoint and Dome Add Ons. If you installed TheSkyX more than 90 days ago, then these trials will have expired.

Would you like an extension to the Dome Add On trial period?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 10

yes i sure would. Any idea also on my setup? I need the skyx, focus max and maxim dl and my dome lesvedome and nexremote with possibly nex hub all to connect and see each other. also, i dont think in advance on telescope the woman who answered the phone (she was very nice by the way) said i can use sleep instead of hybernate on the celestron scope (cpc1100) In hybernate i can turn all power off then at power on it remembers where its at. In sleep mode I dont think I can turn power off and theskyx remember where its at when power back on. Is this true?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,567
Software Bisque Employee

While I'm personally unfamiliar with LesveDome, a quick Internet search reveals that it uses an ASCOM-compliant driver. Therefore, TSX should be able to operate it as an ASCOM-compatible dome controller.

I'm sorry, I overlooked your tracking question.

David Klein:

I have a cpc1100 telescope and running nexremote on the computer…. Im using nexhub for virtual serial ports. Im using poth.

Out of curiosity, why use both NexHub and POTH? Wouldn't POTH be sufficient for the hub functionality?

David Klein:

When i connect theskyx it connects but then I loose tracking I think in dec. Any idea? have to close everything down to get it tracking again.

Unless I'm mistaken, you have an alt-az mount, so I presume you mean altitude, rather than declination.

Do you have this problem if you use TSX's native support for the CPC 1100? That is, by choosing the "CPC 1100 GPS (XLT)" option under the Celestron International heading from TSX's Choose Mount window? (It won't matter if yours is a GPS model, or not.)

When using this native support (rather than via ASCOM), TSX adds a NexStar window (accessible from the Display menu) which includes a Tracking Mode indication/selection. If you experience a problem with the mount's tracking while connected with TSX, you can try changing this setting.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 10

Hi brian. Im on a wedge polar mount. I use nexhub because Im using nexremote The dome needs to see the scope and and the skyx needs to as well as nexremote. They cant share a single serial port so need to create a few virtual ones thru nexhub. Do you have another way of doing this? As i said, I could drop nexremote but I need the hybernate function so I can turn power off and keep alignment. Could I try the dome plugin also?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,567
Software Bisque Employee

David Klein:
Im on a wedge polar mount.

I see. In that case, wouldn't it be more likely you mean the tracking stops in RA? Even if the mount were tracking in declination (to compensate for a bad polar alignment), I would expect it to be pretty slow…not easy to notice if it suddenly stops. Unless there's an indicator of such, anyway.

David Klein:
I use nexhub because Im using nexremote

Okay, but since you're using POTH (with ASCOM), I'd think you'd just use POTH to share the mount connection. That is, connect the mount, dome and TSX by ASCOM through POTH. I don't think NexRemote would then be involved, unless the ASCOM NexStar driver requires it, and even if it does, NexHub shouldn't be required. Or are you not using ASCOM to connect TSX to your mount? If that's the case, did you try the Tracking Mode suggestions I made in the last paragraph of my prior post?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,567
Software Bisque Employee

By email 2017-06-16 01:38Z (How do I reply to a post on the Software Bisque Forum?):

David Klein:

Tonight I try using just poth for the dome and telescope and theskyx. The part i dont understand is if i use theskyx for goto, how will the nexremote on the computer or lets even say the celestron hand contoller know where it is at if i do a hybernate? Would be great if theskyx had thst option so you could shut everything down. Is it worth trying the dome add on? Thx soooooo much for your time

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,567
Software Bisque Employee

David Klein:
if i use theskyx for goto, how will the nexremote on the computer or lets even say the celestron hand contoller know where it is at if i do a hybernate?

A mount with a controller that uses the NexStar protocol (as we know it) must be aligned before it can be connected to a third-party application such as TSX. I'm not familiar with Celestron offering a hibernate or sleep state, so these may be relatively new features. If the mount can be put to sleep or into hibernation, then I would suppose that this means it knows where it is pointed when next turned on, assuming that the mount hasn't been moved in the interim. In that case, I would think TSX could simply connect to it and be ready to go.

David Klein:
Would be great if theskyx had thst option so you could shut everything down

I wouldn't think TSX would need to do anything special to support this, as it is up to the mount controller to tell TSX where it thinks it's pointed. Or do you mean that you'd like TSX to command the mount to enter a sleep or hibernate state? I don't know if the interfacing protocol even supports that (I don't think it did at the time we developed our TSX NexStar driver).

David Klein:
Is it worth trying the dome add on?

I think so. I'm looking into the possibility of issuing you an extension of the trial.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 10

Hi Brian, is possible to get a extention for the dome addon? Also, the hybernate option has been with celestron for many years. I just need a way to power the telescope off in the sky and when power back on it knows where its at. So far my only options are nexremote or the hand controler in which wont know where theskyx put it last. Thanks again

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,567
Software Bisque Employee

David Klein:
Hi Brian, is possible to get a extention for the dome addon?

I'm looking into this for you.

David Klein:
Also, the hybernate option has been with celestron for many years.

I wasn't personally aware of that. We have a wide assortment of hardware at our HQ for testing with TheSkyX, but I work from a different location. In the past few days I've been setting myself up with a NexStar+ controller and mount so that I can get hands-on experience with this system (beyond simulation using NexRemote). I do see the hibernate option, and in fact used it when I turned off the mount last night.

David Klein:
I just need a way to power the telescope off in the sky and when power back on it knows where its at.

You can instruct TheSkyX to disconnect from the mount, then instruct your mount to hibernate, and finally turn off your mount. When you turn the mount back on, wake it up and then connect again to TheSkyX, the mount's location should be reported as the same as when it was hibernated. Are you having a problem making this work?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 129

Brian,

I've been using the The SkyX since 2011 and am now in the process of setting up a dome using a customised Nexdome setup from Rodolphe which will connect via the X2 plugin. Could I please request a dome add-on trial period to get this working?

Kind regards,

A.Mickleburgh

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,567
Software Bisque Employee

afm038:
Could I please request a dome add-on trial period to get this working?

I will check on this with someone who can make the decision.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 129

Thanks Brian.

I did not realise that there was a subscription and it had lapsed, now sorted.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+