Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Sync button in TheSkyX?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Wendell Brown Posted: 12-06-2017 5:33 PM

I am considering upgrading from TheSky6 (serious astro version) to TheSkyX. I'm wondering if TheSkyX supports the "Sync" button when using the software with a CGEM mount or a NexStar SLT 130 mount? Currently, when I try to use the "Sync" button, this error appears:

This command is not supported by the selected device. Error 228 (0xe4).

If the command is not supported by TheSkyX, perhaps you can provide some details about why it is not, and whatever workarounds might be recommended when stars start to drift out of alignment. My previous scope, the Meade LX200, worked great with the Sync command.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,693
Software Bisque Employee

This should work fine with either TheSkyX Serious Astronomer or Professional Edition. I personally use Sync with my NexStar+ hand controller (firmware NXS 5.29.6225, MC 5.21) using TheSkyX's native "NexStar/NexStar+ Compatible Mount" option.

See Upgrade Eligibility, and keep in mind that we offer a 14-day money-back satisfaction guarantee, per our Software Return and Refund Policy. So if you find that TheSkyX won't provide the features you need, you may return it for a refund within that period.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,693
Software Bisque Employee

In seeing your other thread on this topic, I'll add that you might benefit from a firmware update to your hand controller.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 16

Thanks, Brian - I'll give it a try. One other question: I'm thinking of replacing the NexStar mount with a Celestron Advanced VX mount sometime in the next year. Is that mount listed in the menu of supported scopes for TheSkyX?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,693
Software Bisque Employee

Yes, the Celestron Advanced VX is among the mounts from which you can choose in TheSkyX. But even if it weren't (as may be the case with some newer models), the important thing is whether the mount's controller (more specifically its command protocol) is supported. The NexStar+ controller, supplied with the Advanced VX, is supported.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+