Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

About Paramount MX upgrade Firmware,I need Help;

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 8
musicworm Posted: 01-06-2018 6:47 AM

Hello,Software Bisque

Because the my paramount MX homing sensor cable is broken,But I didn't find it the first time,So I upgrade the last Firmware.

However, I did not see the prompt on the web page about MX can not upgrade Firmware, Now after I upgrade the firmware,my mount shows this  "cannot connect, Error Code 203" wrong, unable to connect to the computer.

What can I do to make the mount work again?

I need  express the motherboard to you and fix it?

How much cost to fix it?

And Please tell me the address,If I need express main board to be fix it by you;

(The best way,There is have a software that makes the mount work again;)

Waiting for a reply. Thank you

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,669
Software Bisque Employee

musicworm:
Because the my paramount MX homing sensor cable is broken,But I didn't find it the first time,So I upgrade the last Firmware.
Sorry about the troubles. 

From here:

1. Install the latest release of TheSkyX Professional Edition (macOS Win).
  2. See page 5 of this document for step-by-step firmware update instructions.

If the above fails, it's possible that the MKS 5000 has been "bricked" by not installing the firmware updates in the correct order (particularly for the original Paramount MX).   If this case, the control system can be returned to Software Bisque so that it can it can "reflashed".  See this page for details how to proceed if this is required.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 8
 Hi,Software Bisque

Yes,My MKS 5000 has been "bricked" ,(Because I upgrade Firmware for the original Paramount MX).  
I need returned to Software Bisque for MKS5000 "refreshed" ,so I need your send me "Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) "
Thanks 
Not Ranked
Posts 8
 Hi,Software Bisque

Yes,My MKS 5000 has been "bricked" ,(Because I upgrade Firmware for the original Paramount MX).  
I need returned to Software Bisque for MKS5000 "refreshed" ,so I need your send me "Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) "
Thanks
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,669
Software Bisque Employee

musicworm:
so I need your send me "Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) "
Please see this page for details how to proceed.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 8

The page has been read, the page prompted me email to get the RMA number, I did not receive any reply after sending the email.What should I do?thanks very much!

Good day!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,669
Software Bisque Employee

musicworm:
did not receive any reply after sending the email.What should I do?
If you did not receive an immediate replay, it's because the Front Desk is busy assisting other customers.  Thanks for your patience, you should receive it soon.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 3

Hi,Daniel R

Good Day

I'm a friend of the Musicworm, Paul.

Last year I upgraded my mount  MX for my remote observatory, Because Musicworm is recommended in our group.and many of my friends were discussing and learning about our control system (two rooms, 21 telescopes);

Everyone wants to upgrade Paramount at next time, because seeing as a remote observatory is really fantastic;

TodayI know my friend Musicworm upgraded the imperfect firmware Download on your website, causing the mount to MKS 5000 has been "bricked", and  I see your RMA documents show minimum cost is $500your retail price is really $800.), it's very unreasonable and unacceptable for all pepole Want to upgrade mount;

If the sale is so expensive (and because you are releasing imperfect firmware), then Chinese enthusiasts will be very difficult to acceptIt also makes it meaningless for a lot of Chinese documents and experiences of Musicworm.

We hope bisque can reduce the cost by the imperfect firmware.

Thank you and bisque team for being able to have such a good equatorial instrument to be our choice, and hope your service is so good!

Paul.Lee

Not Ranked
Posts 8
 I see emails showing,the minimum charge to service or repair is $500,is it possible to deduct,Because of an incorrect firmware upgrade.And the retail price is only $800.
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,669
Software Bisque Employee

musicworm:
 I see emails showing,the minimum charge to service or repair is $500,is 
This statement applies to the Paramount mount, only.

The cost of a replacement MKS 5000 PCB (less the security deposit) is $400.00 plus shipping.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Posting Etiquette

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,197
Software Bisque Employee

Paul.Lee:
TodayI know my friend Musicworm upgraded the imperfect firmware Download on your website, causing the mount to MKS 5000 has been "bricked", and  I see your RMA documents show minimum cost is $500your retail price is really $800.), it's very unreasonable and unacceptable for all pepole Want to upgrade mount;

If the sale is so expensive (and because you are releasing imperfect firmware), then Chinese enthusiasts will be very difficult to acceptIt also makes it meaningless for a lot of Chinese documents and experiences of Musicworm.

We hope bisque can reduce the cost by the imperfect firmware.

I think something is being lost in translation here. Please watch for a private message from me requesting your questions in Chinese.

Thank you.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 8

Yesteday,I have received the MKS5000 board and successfully repaired my mount. Thank you very much for your help.

Now, please give me your address, I will my original MKS5000 board UPS to you, notice have a gift to you in the package;

Chinese New Year is coming. Happy New Year.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,197
Software Bisque Employee

I'm glad to hear that you received the replacement board, and that it has solved your problem.

There was supposed to have been a return shipping label included in the package. In any case, the shipping address is that which appears at the bottom of the pages on our web site:

Software Bisque
862 Brickyard Cir
Golden, CO  80403
USA

And if you need to supply a telephone number, it is +1 303 278 0045.

If we provided you an RMA number, then please indicate that on the outside of the package, on a note inside, or both.

musicworm:
notice have a gift to you in the package

Thank you! That's most generous, and certainly not required.

Happy New Year!

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 8

Hi,BRrian

The package has been signed,Do you  received it?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+