Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

SkyX Pro and CCD Commander issues

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
sidis5 Posted: 02-28-2018 12:38 PM
CCD Commander unable to tell what side of the mount the telescope is on using an MEII with onaxis encoders. Is this an issue with SkyX or CCD Commander? I have my planetarium in Sky, mirrored in display as that is more natural for me. I don't see how that would be an issue. Also, when CCDC forces the side after showing "unable to determine what side of the mount the telescope is on" , it will force to the east side but the scope instead slews to the west side. I have unchecked the option in CCDC to "automatically determine what side the scope is on" because of this issue. But now I have to be present when CCDC starts the run so I can tell it what side of the sky the scope is on. Why is that information not being sent to CCDC?
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,100
Software Bisque Employee

sidis5:
after showing "unable to determine what side of the mount the telescope is on"
This is root cause.  TheSkyX can be asked to provide the mount's side of pier based on the return value (0 or 1) of the sky6RASComTele object's DoCommand() method.

If CCDCommander cannot determine side of pier, why?  Specifically, what is the error message returned when this command is issued?

Also:

1. What is the exact version and build of TheSkyX?
  2. What is the exact wording of any error messages in TheSkyX, if any?
  3. Do you have the latest Windows updates installed (related to this issue, followed by this resolution/workaround)?  If not, the above call would fail, and possibly cause the "unable to determine what side of the mount the telescope is on" error message.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 6

I am running TheSkyX Professional edition - Version 10 .5 .0 (Build 11360)
It's running on an Eagle2Pro using Windows10 Enterprise with updates deferred, so I never experienced any of the ASCOM issues others were experiencing. 

I just checked the updates in the system and the last was on 2/15/18  Update KB4033631 which had no effect on anything.
The problem update (KB4056892) was never installed on my computer. 

I've attached a phone shot of the error messages coming up in CCDC but will type it in here as well. 

:Connecting to mount
:Cannot tell which side of the mount the telescope is on
:Forcing to Eastern side
:Moving to original location
:Error Number 1218
:Limits Exceeded: Error= 218
:TheSkyX.sky6RASCOMTele
:Stopping

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 777

We fixed this today. Changed a few things so I am not sure what did it. We reinstalled CCDC, changed beyond meridian from 90 to 30 minutes in CCDC and unchecked show horizon in TSX. 

Currently CCDC is set to auto for side of meridian. As soon as it connect, it flips the mount and flips back. I think this is normal behavior. 

Not Ranked
Posts 6

Update: 

This problem seems to have been addressed by making an adjustment to my slew limits in CCDC. 

Adjustment in CCDC:  (Mount Parameters) (Gem Setup): Setting slew limits to 30min or less for East and West sides.  Mine were set at 90min. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,763

Tolga:
Currently CCDC is set to auto for side of meridian. As soon as it connect, it flips the mount and flips back. I think this is normal behavior. 

Looks like its fixed but this should not be normal behavior with any automation program.

Tom

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+