Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Subscription renewal questions

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 329
ddoctor Posted: 02-28-2018 2:52 PM

I'm a little confused regarding a couple of subscription options on my account page. One is for "SkyX Pro upgrade for Windows" and the other is for "Paramount MEII Robotic Telescope System". Both display as "disabled" but there is a renew option with no associated charges? Not sure what is happening there.

Thanks

Dave

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,945
Software Bisque Employee

To clarify, "Disabled" = Expired (that's all). When a subscription has expired, it should have the "Renew" action available.

Maintaining a software (e.g. TheSkyX) subscription is optional and is not required to use the software. However, a current ("Active") subscription does grant one access to related resources, such as the associated installer downloads.

There is no need to renew software add-on or hardware (e.g. Paramount) "subscriptions", which are really just registrations that don't truly expire.

Although you have both TheSkyX Pro Upgrade for Windows (the name of which carries over from the fact that it was acquired as an upgrade) and the Paramount ME II Software Suite, you don't need to maintain subscriptions to both, unless you need the licensing for additional computers/sites. The former may be used on up to two computers for your personal use, the latter on up to six computers per OS, also for your personal use.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+