Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Upgrade from Serious to Pro

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Harry Portwood Posted: 03-06-2018 3:13 PM

I have TheSkyX Serious and am attempting to upgrade to Pro.  I entered the credit card information, but am not sure what happened then.  The order was accepted but the download is lost in space.  Any ideas?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,945
Software Bisque Employee

Thank you for your purchase! However, I see that you previously upgraded to TheSkyX Professional Edition (TSX Pro) in October of 2010. All you needed to do to regain access to the latest TSX Pro installers was to renew your existing subscription. I see that your latest purchase of this upgrade was not automatically assigned a serial number; this might have been because of the existence of your prior upgrade. Nevertheless, your account does presently have access to the installers.

Harry Portwood:
The order was accepted but the download is lost in space.

It isn't lost, but you may not be using the correct URL: TheSkyX Professional Edition for Windows - Full Installer, Latest Update, and (optionally) Daily Build.

If you really need a second copy of TSX Pro, we can add a serial number to the latest registration. Otherwise, use the TSX Pro serial number you obtained in 2010, and I'll ask our Front Desk staff to change your order to be a subscription renewal and refund the extra USD $80 you paid.

You can view your product registrations, including serial numbers, as well as renew your subscriptions on your Subscriptions page.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 6

For reasons too difficult to explain, I want this upgrade to be applied to a different and most recent purchase of Serious, which is installed on a different computer for a different telescope.   I believe this will avoid some potential problems that might arise if applied to the 2010 upgrade.  I would rather keep these two installations completely separate and independent.

Not Ranked
Posts 6

For reasons that don't to be gone into now, I want a new license for the upgrade from Serious (2017 purchase) to Pro.  What additional steps do I need to take?  Also how and where to initiate/download/install the upgrade?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,945
Software Bisque Employee

As you wish, however you might be basing this upon misconceptions of our upgrade process.

Harry Portwood:
I believe this will avoid some potential problems that might arise if applied to the 2010 upgrade.

When you purchase an edition upgrade of TheSkyX (e.g. from Serious to Professional), what you get is the full product at a discounted price. The computer to which the higher edition is installed need not have any other version or edition of TheSkyX installed. And if a different edition is already installed, it will remain intact; either edition may subsequently be run.

If you have two computers (with the same OS), you may install and use a single licensed copy of TheSkyX on both, as the license permits this on up to two computers for your personal use. The installations of TheSkyX on these two computers are independent in that they need not be of the same version—one can be running the very latest while the other could be multiple releases (even years) behind.

Really, the only difference you'd experience by purchasing a second licensed copy, rather than simply renewing your original subscription, is that you'll then have a different serial number to activate the software on each computer. However, as long as both are of the same edition (e.g. Professional), this won't change their behavior in any way. At some later time you could, if you wish, transfer one of the licenses to another user while retaining one for yourself.

Finally, if you have two licenses/serial numbers for the same edition of TheSkyX, a single current subscription is sufficient to access the latest installers that can be used to update either one or both, as you desire.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,945
Software Bisque Employee

Harry Portwood:
Also how and where to initiate/download/install the upgrade?

From my original reply:

Brian Rickard:
TheSkyX Professional Edition for Windows - Full Installer, Latest Update, and (optionally) Daily Build.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 6

OK.  I'll give the upgrade using the old license a try.  By the way, since this issue is between me and Software Bisque only, is there another method for resolving it without using a public forum?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,945
Software Bisque Employee

Harry Portwood:
By the way, since this issue is between me and Software Bisque only, is there another method for resolving it without using a public forum?

One option would be to click on my name where it appears at the top of this post to open my profile page, then choose either to Start a Conversation or Send an Email. Or you could do the same for any other Software Bisque employee or send an email message to support-AT-bisque-DOT-com (where you substitute @ and . accordingly). You could also call or fax us at the numbers that appear in the footer of any of our site's pages, or even write to the address that also appears there.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+