Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

TPoint Super Model Error = 206

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6

I have a Paramount ME, running Windows 7 64 bit. I am using the latest SkyX daily build with TPoint add on. I have 95 samples in the TPoint Model with only default terms selected. I try to run Super Model and I get Error: command failed. Error = 206

Thanks in advance for your help.

Terry Hancock 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,393

Terry - if you can post the pointing observations, either saved as a .tptx file or exported as a .dat file, I will see if there's anything strange about the data that could cause Super Model to fail.

Not Ranked
Posts 6

Thanks I'm attaching the .dat file

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,208
Software Bisque Employee

You might want to have a look at this related thread. In that particular case, the problem was due to a non-compliant character in the Windows user account name causing problems accessing a file. If none of the suggestions in that thread help, you might also look at these three older related threads.

PWallace:
Terry - if you can post the pointing observations, either saved as a .tptx file or exported as a .dat file...

See our knowledge base article on How to Share Files on the Software Bisque Community Forums.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,393

Brian Rickard:
You might want to have a look at this related thread.
Yes, that certainly bears a strong resemblance! 

Not Ranked
Posts 6

I tried all of the suggestions in the previous threads except for reinstalling windows or changing the user name 

*OUTMOD 'C:\Users\JOHNASTRO\Documents\Software Bisque\TheSkyX Professional Edition\TPoint\Super Model Inmod.dat'

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,393

Grand Mesa Observatory:
Thanks I'm attaching the .dat file
In fact on this occasion there is something wrong with the data. There is an HA index error (coefficient IH) of nearly 30 degrees, or 2 hours. I'm not quite sure why this crashes Super Model, but it does.

The cause of the huge IH could be something to do with clock, time zone, DST, longitude, homing.

Not Ranked
Posts 6

thanks PW 

I have no idea why there is a HA index error, I checked the Clock, time zone, DST, location setting for longitude and latitude. We have 3 other ME's here and I have not encountered this problem when doing Super Model. 

I'm going to clear the TPoint model and do a new run tonight and I'll keep you posted.

again thanks

Terry

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,393

PWallace:
There is an HA index error (coefficient IH) of nearly 30 degrees, or 2 hours. I'm not quite sure why this crashes Super Model, but it does.
I have looked further into why Super Model reports problems with this data set.

It turns out to be happening as the different model terms are being played off against one another to see which ones best describe the pattern of residuals. The combination of huge HA errors and trials involving nonperpendicularity terms such as NP and CH can produce geometrical impossibilities that make Super Model decide to give up.

Although Super Model could be developed to recognize this type of pathology and deal with it as a special case, the benefits would be outweighed by the effort. By the same token, TSX/TPoint could produce a less generic error response than merely saying that a command failed, but again it is doubtful whether it would be worth it.

If Super Model aborts, the best diagnostic is the basic six-term fit:

Here the colossal IH coefficient shows something is amiss.

Not Ranked
Posts 6

Hi PW,

Really appreciate you looking into this for me, I tried running the Super Model by unchecking the terms one by one and even unchecking all of the terms but Super Model still reported the error.

More importantly I am at a loss as to why the HA reports such a huge error when time, location, DST is all correct.

I used Bisque TCS to check the index angles, not sure if that could cause it if not set correctly?

Terry

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,675
Software Bisque Employee

Grand Mesa Observatory:
More importantly I am at a loss as to why the HA reports such a huge error when time, location, DST is all correct.
This could be caused by:

• The telescope is attached to the Versa-Plate such that it points a full two hours from where the control system is initialized, or
  • The calibration data in not valid (the wrong star was pointed to during calibration), or,
  • One or more of TheSkyX's location, date, time, time zone, or DST settings are wrong.
  1. What is the exact version and build of TheSkyX (sorry if I missed this above)?  From TheSkyX, click Help > Check for Updates, then install the latest daily build.
  2. From TheSkyX, click Tools > Verify TheSkyX time.  What is the result?
  3. What are the exact values entered in the Input > Location, Custom tab?

As a troubleshooting step:

1. Follow this procedure. What are the results?
  2. Follow this procedure, then add a single calibration point using a known, bright star.  What are the values of IH and ID now?

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 6

Apologies for the delay, still catching up after NEAF.

I found that once I deleted the T Point model and homed the mount theskyx was pointing only slightly west of Meridian but the mount itself was pointing correctly. I met with Tolga while I was at NEAF and he suspected that the offset was wrong by 2 hours and he suggested that I go to Bisque TCS and set the mount back to default. That worked :)

Thanks everyone for your help

Terry   

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+