Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Is latest version of Sky X Pro for Mac 64 bit

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
robhawley Posted: 04-17-2018 1:38 PM

32 bit is going away

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,772
Software Bisque Employee

robhawley:
Is latest version of Sky X Pro for Mac 64 bit
The latest release is 32-bit.  Software Bisque is running and testing the 64-bit version build internally.

robhawley:
32 bit is going away
Understanding that the next major release of macOS will not support 32-bit applications, we anticipate releasing a 64-bit build before then.  

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 1

TheSkyX Pro Mac is a remarkable application however, amidst the proliferation of 64-bit apps down to the most basic functions of general consumer use; I believe TheSkyX pricing is too expensive for 32-bit operation; especially considering a la carte purchase requirements for commonly used features.  TheSkyX Pro is a resource-intensive, graphically rich application that often runs among other apps controlling multiple hardware devices on a constant basis.  I guess my presumption of it's market position inspired my mistaken assumption of 64-bit operation.  If I imagine having the talent to develop amazing applications like TheSkyX family, I'd probably be sensitive to criticism; so to be clear - this is a serious gripe about an otherwise incredible application.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,287
Software Bisque Employee

I see that you just purchased an upgrade to TheSkyX Professional Edition for Mac—thank you!

However, I also see that you'd already registered a serial number for TheSkyX Professional Edition for Mac a couple of years ago. Were you aware that you can simply renew its optional subscription for another 12 months for USD $100? That would be a significant savings compared to the cost of the new upgrade. See your Subscriptions page (sign-in required; the link is generic, reflecting only registrations of the viewing member's account).

guerillary:
…my mistaken assumption of 64-bit operation.

A 64-bit version of TheSkyX Professional Edition for Mac is currently being beta-tested by some of our advanced users, and will likely be released soon.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+