Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Tpoint for alt-az mounts

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Jemason Posted: 05-07-2018 4:03 PM

The Tpoint website (http://www.tpointsw.uk/products.htm) says that the various tools developed by Pat Wallace are available from Software Bisque, however I can't find anything except for the Tpoint add-on to TheSkyX. I have an alt-az mount, and a home-grown TCS that I'm looking to add (better) functionality to.

Thanks! -jim

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,984
Software Bisque Employee

Jemason:
have an alt-az mount, and a home-grown TCS that I'm looking to add (better) functionality to.
Thanks for contacting Software Bisque.

Two versions of TPOINT are available:

1. TheSkyX Pro's TPoint Add On offers two-axis telescope pointing analysis for equatorial mountings, only, and has fully-integrated telescope control facilities in TheSkyX Pro.
  2. proTPOINT uses a traditional command-based user-interface, and offers telescope pointing analysis tools for any telescope mounting.  Until April 2017, proTPOINT was licensed by its original author, P.T.Wallace, but is now available exclusively from Software Bisque.  proTPOINT is the same as that in use at major observatories; it runs under MS-Windows, Linux or macOS. By special arrangement it can also be built for other Unix platforms.  

P.T.Wallace offers consultancy services for high-precision telescope pointing applications.

We can prepare a price quote for proTPOINT and email it to you.  What is the aperture of your telescope mount?  What operating system?  What mount controller? 

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 6

Price quote would be awesome. It's a 1 meter aperture using a custom Chronos mount (though largely based on the HD32), the TCS runs on a red hat Linux real-time system, the TCS itself is home-grown. I won't even begin to describe how the software works with the current mount model. I think what we're looking for now is whether 1) tpoint will do better (I think it will) and then 2) if it does, how do we update the software to incorporate it. The system is a real-time closed loop TCS, loop rate is 40 Hz, I'm pretty sure.

thanks! jim

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,984
Software Bisque Employee

Jemason:
Price quote would be awesome.
We'll email you an RFQ this week.

Patrick Wallace (the proTPOINT author and TPoint consultant) is willing to discuss the sticky details regarding telescope modeling, done right.  Please email me privately if you wish to take him up on his offer.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+