Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Need to reinstall the Sky Pro--computer died

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Brad Mead Posted: 05-09-2018 2:55 PM

I have the serious edition and the Pro upgrade. My observatory computer died and I need to reinstall these programs. Do I need to purchase a  new subscription or can I re-download?

Thanks,

Brad Mead

Bradford Mead
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,789
Software Bisque Employee

We highly recommend that our users retain a backup copy of at least the latest full installer and, where applicable, latest update and daily build that they've obtained. These may be used to install the software, which can then be activated using the serial number, which—if it has been registered—appears on your Subscriptions page. (Note to others reading this post: the previous link will show you your subscriptions page.)

If you don't have such a backup, then you'll need to have a current subscription in order to be granted download access to the latest associated installer(s) from our site. Note that a current subscription is not required to use the software.

In the case of TheSkyX Student Edition, a one-year subscription costs USD $15, and the latest Full Installer is here: Mac, Windows. EDIT: Sorry, accidentally gave you the Student Edition info here; inserting the Serious Astronomer information below.

UPDATE: In the case of TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition, a one-year subscription costs USD $30, and the latest Full Installer is here: Mac, Windows; the Latest Update is here: Mac, Windows.

In the case of TheSkyX Professional Edition, a one-year subscription costs USD $100. See this table with links to all installers for TheSkyX Professional Edition. For help with determining just which installers to use (for a given OS), see this Installing TheSkyX Flowchart.

Unless you just want to, there's typically no reason to have both the Student Serious Astronomer and Professional Editions installed. Also, your account has registered both Mac and Windows versions of the Professional Edition; you only need to renew the subscription of any for which you want to access the installers.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+