Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

QSI driver will not install

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Gregory Posted: 05-24-2018 12:57 PM

Hi,

I have the QSI 683ws and TSXpro.

When I first received the camera about  six months ago. The driver package loaded into TSXpro with out any problems and functioned fine. Then all of a sudden, the drivers for the QSI one evening weren't there anymore. I have tried everything to load the drivers back into TSXpro, specifically the Sky driver but nothing works.

When I attempt this install, I get the error message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is not available." Windows or QSI is looking for The Sky's .msi file and it can't be found.

QSI has not responded to my queries. What I don't understand, it seems the only camera I can't add is the QSI drivers

It seems to me, it can't be found because I am unable to install the driver, so no wonder it can't be found.

This is where the installer is looking for the .msi file C:\Users\XXxx\AppData\Local\Temp\{AAC6C005-AF69-4634-BADE-86E988679F0E}\ is the source for the .msi file but it can not be found.

Currently, I have not been able to use my QSI for several months because I can't generate a link in TheSky, the camera does not show up in the camera selection.

The interesting thing about this, only the QSI will not appear in the camera selections. I CAN run my old ST7xme without issues of any kind.

I could use some help.

Gregory

Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 559

What OS and what version?

I just installed the latest version of SkyXPro, and the QSI drivers and SkyXAdd on without issue, so the problem is likely on your PC and not a universal issue.

For Win 7, 8 or 10 installation issues, you may try this option: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed as it could be something got corrupted in the registry.

GM

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,931
Software Bisque Employee

Have you seen this post about a possible need to correct a TheSkyX/QSI-related file? This shouldn't be necessary with the latest daily build of TheSkyX, but is worth checking.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 17

Thank you.

Yes I did check out your link. None of the instructions from the author's claims, showed up as suggested, or worked. Things the instructions said I should do, failed. Items are not where instructions tell me.

You know, one of the problems I seem to experience, is that instructions will tell you how to do something, but following those instructions such as, select the owner option in the properties link to that file. The owner option doesn't appear. Or using the command line, and typing in the command, the return is there is no file.

So the procedures dictated using the cmd lines did not change anything.

I am trying to increase my Administrator levels to allow editing the camera list. The QSI does not appear in the list, but the instructions are telling me to highlight the QSI entry, but there isn't any. Again, no success.

"It's driving me crazy, it's driving me nuts..."

Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

Not Ranked
Posts 17

Hi Brian,

TSX generated an error report but it tries to send via https instead of smpte, I think that's the problem.

Here is the report;

»¿>>> Performing actions with error report: 'C:\Users\Gregory\Documents\Software Bisque\TheSkyX Professional Edition\Black Box Recorder Data\33debf9e-8fe2-4150-b6dd-690b7506f07b'

[compressing_files]
Total file size for compression is 715517 bytes
Creating ZIP archive file C:\Users\Gregory\Documents\Software Bisque\TheSkyX Professional Edition\Black Box Recorder Data\33debf9e-8fe2-4150-b6dd-690b7506f07b.zip
Compressing file AppSettings.ini
Compressing file ImagingSystem.ini
Compressing file LastDocument.ini
Compressing file LogFileOpen.txt
Compressing file LogIS1.txt
Compressing file LogISIds.txt
Compressing file LogRegisterInterfaces.txt
Compressing file LogSplash.txt
Compressing file LogUpTime.txt
Compressing file LogVerifyFileResources.txt
Compressing file PerHorizonSettings.ini
Compressing file WindowPositions.ini
Compressing file crashdump.dmp
Compressing file crashrpt.xml
Compressing file screenshot0.jpg
Calculating MD5 hash for file C:\Users\Gregory\Documents\Software Bisque\TheSkyX Professional Edition\Black Box Recorder Data\33debf9e-8fe2-4150-b6dd-690b7506f07b.zip
Finished compressing files...OK
[end_compressing_files]
[sending_report]
[sending_attempt]
Sending error report over HTTP...
Preparing HTTP request data...
Calculating size of data to send.
Opening Internet connection.
Connecting to server
Opening HTTP request...
Sending HTTP request...
HttpSendRequestEx has failed.
Error sending HTTP request.
[sending_attempt]
Sending error report over SMTP is disabled (negative priority); skipping.
[sending_attempt]
Sending error report over SMAPI is disabled (negative priority); skipping.
[status_failed]

Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,931
Software Bisque Employee

What is the exact version and build of TheSkyX Pro that you're running?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,931
Software Bisque Employee

By email 2018-05-29 16:04Z (How do I reply to a post on the Software Bisque Forum?):

Gregory:

10.5.0 Build 11177

Thanks. I am now pretty sure there is setting on my computer that has been turned off. I can load and run this driver on other computers.

Gregory

That build is about seven months and a few updates old. Getting current may, among other things, help with the QSI issue.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 559

Just to close this thread, I emailed Greg privately and got  him going by uninstalling and reinstalling the QSI driver.

GM

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+