Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Real time

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 12
perseus Posted: 06-03-2018 11:24 AM

My Sky6 just stopped showing real time.  I had a .sky file open with location Spain, with a fixed time.  I went to a file set to Canaries to see how M8 sat from 10 degrees further south, same time.  Then I moved to Australia to see how much higher it was. I the advanced several hours to get M8 at the meridian.  Did not save any of these files.

When I come back to my UK location the real time is not following the PC. clock.  It seems to be stuck at the local time I last looked at.

Restarted Sky6 then PC, no difference.  Please advise

Andrew

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,289
Software Bisque Employee

Have you chosen either the Use computer's clock button (clock face) from the Time Skip toolbar or Data > Time window, or the Tools > Time Skip > Use Computer's Clock option? These are different ways of setting the same option that determines whether TheSky gets its time from the computer's clock, or uses an explicit time.

We'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that this product is retired, and no longer directly supported by Software Bisque.

Please consider upgrading or purchasing current versions of our products for amateur and professional astronomers, available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Raspbian as well!

Thank you!

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 12

I can click the clock and it updates.  It does not follow the computer clock any more.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and that made no difference.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,289
Software Bisque Employee

perseus:
It does not follow the computer clock any more.

How have you determined this? If you're observing the time shown in TheSky's status bar, for instance, have you waited at least five minutes for the sky chart's update interval to pass? You can also press F5 to force the sky chart to update to that moment.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+