Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Installing SkyX Suite

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
xander Posted: 06-08-2018 10:42 AM

I am new to the Bisque world and am in the process of installing the SkyX Suite for the Paramount MEII to my observatory computer.  Before I begin the installation, I know that I will have to register my software and mount serial numbers in order to be granted access for full installation.  My question is - will I need to have the computer connected to the internet in order to have the installation completed.  My problem is that the observatory is not connected to the internet and I would have to transfer the computer to a location that does.  Also, the computer is solely dedicated to the mount and cameras and I didn't want to risk any virus or malware attaching itself to the computer via the internet.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,931
Software Bisque Employee

Congratulations on acquiring a Paramount ME II Robotic Telescope System!

xander:
…I know that I will have to register my software and mount serial numbers in order to be granted access for full installation.

That's correct. If you've any questions, see our knowledge base article on Paramount Serial Numbers and Software Activation.

xander:
My question is - will I need to have the computer connected to the internet in order to have the installation completed.

No Internet connection required. You can install the software entirely from the Paramount ME II Software Suite USB flash drive. Depending upon what other equipment you plan to use (cameras, focusers, etc.), you might need to obtain a related driver or plug-in from the Internet. There are some optional capabilities of TheSkyX that require an Internet connection (e.g. determining your site location from IP address, checking for updates, downloading orbital data for satellites and small solar system bodies, obtaining images from the Digital Sky Survey via Web*), but all but the first and last of these can be done from another location and the associated file(s) transferred to your observatory computer by an alternative medium.

*Alternatively, the complete Digital Sky Survey imagery can be stored locally. It is included in our Database Add On, for instance.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+