Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Camera add on error 30027

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Marlin Costello Posted: 06-20-2018 7:47 PM

I have a new installation in a Primalucelab Eagle computer.  Camera add on for SBIG ST-10 gives me error 30027 when i push connect camera.  How do I connect the camera for polar alignment?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,287
Software Bisque Employee

The camera driver is reporting SBIG error code 27, which means "Device not found".

I'd suggest that you look at some of the related threads here, as a solution offered in one or more of them might match your situation. Most pertain to camera settings.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 122

Marlin,

I use the same combination as you.

I had issues connecting the SBIG ST10 to the Eagle Pro.

I discovered by chance that using one of the Eagle's USB3 ports (rather than USB2) solved the problem.  I believe there are comments to the same effect on other forums, but I don't now remember which.  I guess that the numbers of us still using these older SBIG cameras are falling all the time....

Make sure you have the latest SBIG Driver Checker installed.  If in doubt, uninstall the current version, then reinstall from the Diffraction website.  Run the check for updates routine.

Connect the ST10 to a USB3 outlet on the Eagle.  Power up the camera.  Does the fan come on?  It will take a moment, as you know.  If yes, you should be good to connect in SkyX.

If not, go to Device Manager.  Hopefully you will see SBIG Camera, but quite possibly the display will have (from memory) an exclamation mark or similar in a triangle showing that the device is not working correctly.  Right click on the device and select install new driver (or similar).  Navigate to the SBIG Driver Checker files on the Eagle, making sure to select (again from memory) 64 bit and the correct classic/pro choice for your camera.  Pro has the connector on the side for a RGH, classic does not.

Update the driver.  At this point the Device Manager display should change and the fan should, hopefully, start and you will be good to go.

I don't know why the ST cameras (and STL cameras) won't work in USB2 in the Eagle.  Other devices seem quite happy.  My guess is that it is a combination of the connection on/off feature on those ports combined with the way that the ST/STL cameras need a firmware upload each time they are connected before they will run.  But I may be completely wrong.  If you swap cameras in the future, then try to reconnect to the ST10, you may need to go through the Device Manager routine again.

Good luck.

Mark

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,287
Software Bisque Employee

By email 2018-06-22 01:28Z (How do I reply to a post on the Software Bisque Forum?):

Marlin Costello:

I changed to USB3   It failed.
I installed the internal drivers  It failed
I moved the usb connectors back to their oringinal places.  It failed
NOW MaximDL will no longer connect.
This is getting worse
Where do I find the SBIG driver, i do not find it on SBIG site

Sincerely yours,

Marlin G. Costello,Esq,
Telescope Garden Fresno

Non Dabit in luce et Potater est

Marlin, have you looked at Diffraction Limited's SBIG Archives page?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 122

Marlin,

Do you have the current SBIG Driver Checkecker 64 installed?  If not, you will not be able to connect on Eagle or any other computer.  It’s where Brian said or easier in the Downloads section of any of their current camera descriptions.  It is not legacy software, it is current and should be kept up to date.  If you follow my instructions, you should be able to connect.

What did you mean by “internal drivers”?  Does the camera appear in device manager?

Please respond by clicking reply/post in the forum, not email.  You will get much faster responses from the forum.

Mark

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,287
Software Bisque Employee

By email 2018-06-25 23:09Z (How do I reply to a post on the Software Bisque Forum?):

Marlin Costello:

Brian Rickard:
Marlin, have you looked at Diffraction Limited's SBIG Archives page?

Not There

Sincerely yours,

Marlin G. Costello,Esq,
Telescope Garden Fresno

It's both there, and—as Mark points out—on the downloads page for their current models. Both have links to the same Driver Checker utility that is used to install updated drivers. Here's the relevant excerpt from the above-mentioned SBIG Archives page:

Software Downloads

Software downloads for all currently-manufactured products are on their product page, under the Downloads tab.

USB Port Cameras

SBIG Driver Checker (Windows) / SBIG Driver (OSX)
SBIG Driver Checker for USB cameras.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,287
Software Bisque Employee

By email 2018-06-29 00:38Z:

Marlin Costello:

With help from AAVSO , it was the wrong com port.

Sincerely yours,

Marlin G. Costello,Esq,
Telescope Garden Fresno

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+