Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Cannot Image Link with FITS Image

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 43
Al Ferrari Posted: 07-01-2018 9:51 PM

Dear Bisque,

Equip: MYT, C8, Canon 70D, f6.3 reducer.

Trying to do a TPoint run. Camera connects OK, but Im not very familiar with .fits images.

If using Backyard EOS , I can take an image at ISO1600 for 4-5sec and have plenty of clear stars. When I take the same photo with the SkyX camera Add-on using the same exposure, the .fits viewer barely shows a star. When I try to image link, I get an error, “Not Enough Stars” I raised the exposure to 15 sec and still the only 3stars appear in the view. What could I be doing wronw

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,287
Software Bisque Employee

Others more expert in this area than I may have other suggestions or ideas, but if you're not binning (e.g. 2x2), then the image from your one-shot colour camera probably exhibits the Bayer pattern which confuses Image Link. You could either bin or debayer the image before attempting an Image Link.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+