Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

i hve sbig st-237 parallel ccd box

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 15
astrojoe Posted: 07-05-2018 9:10 PM

hI

i can not get win7 64bit to talk lp1 to it.. i tired win95 old mode..on ccdops

i see on google skypro? what ever that is can talk to this ccd st237 parallel port bi-directional.

do you know if skypro can talk to this camera.

what is skypro

is that the early version of the sky X? after the SKy 6?

thanks

joeastro joe perry

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,015
Software Bisque Employee

Software Bisque used to produce a CCD-imaging application called SkyPro, but that has long been retired. Any Android apps you currently find with "SkyPro" in their name are unrelated to us.

Further, our current products no longer support the old parallel interface, as noted in this related post.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 15

HI. i got the old sbig st-237 parallel port ccd..to work with XP and ccdsoft 5 on the build int parallel port of the laptop. dell 610.. i ordered a dell wn98 just incase it might work.

I have had not luck with any other system, 3.x ME VISTA win 7  8 10 etc...but one formum says you might g et it to work with a pmcia plug in module for parallelport if it does bi-directional ...so i orderd one.

if you install ccdsoft 5 on XP or 98.. you can install setcheck64 and it will install 32bit drivers.

there are no 64 bit drivers for the st-237 form what i find.

good old camera..

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,015
Software Bisque Employee

astrojoe:
I have had not luck with any other system, 3.x ME VISTA win 7  8 10 etc...

You still have computers running Windows 3.x, 95, 98 and ME? Wow!

I'd think Windows XP would be your better bet for the ST-237, on a computer with built-in parallel port or a card.

astrojoe:
…one formum says you might g et it to work with a pmcia plug in module for parallelport if it does bi-directional ...so i orderd one.

Yes, some have been able to get a parallel converter to work with older SBIG cameras, but reportedly many (more) have failed. Beware.

I'm not saying that using one of these old cameras with old software on newer computers and/or versions of Windows is impossible, but it can be very challenging. Too much so for us to be able to offer technical support on the topic.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 15

HI. yes all attempts to install a pcmcia card parallel port hve failed on the win7 ulitmate

microsoft of some one on google has point out that most computers dont have the parallel

and the DELL expansion boxes that have the parallel and serial ports are not supported

by win7 8 10 in 64 bit mode.. they did not write 64 bit drivers and 32 bit drivers wont run the port

either... most pcmcia cards installas are for XP and before..older laptops.  i did get XP to finally

run the parallel port and the st-237 sbig ccd...

i cant find a copy of skypro for cameras? but it probably would not run on win7 and above.

any one figures out a  new way to run old sbig cameras please put up a post.

thank you

joeastro

wb6dco

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+