Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Control ZEQ25 mount with TSX on Mac

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
David Murray Posted: 07-13-2018 12:45 PM

Having just purchased theSkyX Pro package with camera control I’ve run into two major obsticles. I am running TSX Pro on a Mabook Pro with OSX 10.11.6.

In attempting to connect to my iOptoron ZEQ25 mount using a Keyspan 19HS USB/serial adapter I get the error message “Firmware version is not supported Error = 3017.” The ZEQ25 uses the Go2Nova controller 8408 with the latest firmware.

I have read the discussion thread regarding a similar problem with a ZEQ25GT and a resolution involving ASCOM driver. Since ASCOM does not run on a Mac this solution is not relevant. I have two other much less expensive applications that control this mount both wired and wirelessly without problems. I have not been able to find a resolution on this site or the internet in general.  Dan Bisque replied 2 years ago that TSX needed to be updated but with no date as to when this would be accomplished.

A second issue is control of my ZWO EFW mini filter wheel. Following the instructions in another discussion I went to the ZWO website under Capture Software/DSO imaging software/The Sky(plugin(filter wheel)) and got “404 page not found’.  So I am unable to control my mount or filter wheel with TSX Pro.

Any suggestions?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,015
Software Bisque Employee

David Murray:
Having just purchased theSkyX Pro package with camera control…

Thank you for your purchase!

David Murray:
In attempting to connect to my iOptoron ZEQ25 mount using a Keyspan 19HS USB/serial adapter I get the error message “Firmware version is not supported Error = 3017.” The ZEQ25 uses the Go2Nova controller 8408 with the latest firmware.

What is the exact build number of TheSkyX that you're using? Note this excerpt from our change log:

February 2, 2017 Build 10486

• Implemented less restrictive iOptron mount version checking so that pre-version 2 firmware versions can be controlled.

If you're using an older build, please obtain TheSkyX Professional Edition - Latest Daily Build (Mac, Windows).

David Murray:
Following the instructions in another discussion I went to the ZWO website under Capture Software/DSO imaging software/The Sky(plugin(filter wheel)) and got “404 page not found’.

The instructions to which you allude are found in our ZWO X2 Camera and Filter Wheel Plug In Download Notes. But, like you, I see that ZWO have a bad link for the Mac version of their filter wheel plug-in for TheSkyX. This is something they'll need to correct.

[UPDATE: I've sent a message to ZWO technical support alerting them to this matter.]

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,229
Software Bisque Employee

David Murray:
Dan Bisque replied 2 years ago that TSX needed to be updated but with no date as to when this would be accomplished.

• TheSkyX Pro Version 10.5.0 Build 11576 is presently controlling the iOptron iEQ 45 Pro using the Go2Nova hand paddle with the following firmware and 8407(+) V1 on macOS 10.11.6 using the Keyspan 19HS on my desktop here.
  • If installing the latest daily build does not help, please post the Communications Log.

David Murray:
A second issue is control of my ZWO EFW mini filter wheel.

1. What is the exact version and build of TheSkyX?  While TheSkyX installers endeavor to distribute the latest ZWO X2 Plug In, it's always a good idea to
  2. What is the exact wording of the error message you are encountering, and the step by step procedure to reproduce?

Brian's contacted ZWO, and they're generally really responsive to updating their web site...

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,015
Software Bisque Employee

Brian Rickard:
I've sent a message to ZWO technical support alerting them to this matter.

As an update, the link on ZWO's web site to their filter wheel plug-in for TheSkyX Professional Edition for Mac's Camera Add On is once again operational.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+