Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

C14 EdgeHD with CGE Pro - Tube Rings and Plate

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 33
vortex388 Posted: 07-16-2018 2:07 PM

I attempting to mount my C14 to my CGE Pro with your tube rings. To make this possible what do I need in addition to your rings? I would like a a dovetail opposite of the mount dovetail as well.

V/r,

Wyatt

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,529
Software Bisque Employee

vortex388:
I attempting to mount my C14 to my CGE Pro with your tube rings.
The Software Bisque C14 OTA Mounting Rings are specifically designed to mount directly to the Paramount mount's Versa-Plate (for example, the Paramount ME II Versa-Plate).  Specifically, the threaded holes located on the four flat sides of the OTA rings accept 1/4-20 socket-head cap screws, and the holes are spaced 3.5- and 5.5-inches apart (to match the pre-drilled through holes on the Versa-Plate).

See the Paramount OTA Ring and Taurus OTA Installation Instructions (Figures 20 and 21 show how the rings attach to the Versa-Plate) for more information.

If you are attempting to use these mounting rings on a non-Paramount mount, you'll need to (somehow) attach a mounting plate like this or this (expensive option) to the top of the CGE Pro's Dec axis.

You might contact ADM Accessories to see if they make a similar CGE Pro to OTA Ring mounting plate.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+