Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Will TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition work with my Scope

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Dave Posted: 07-18-2018 9:43 AM

Hello

I have a Celestron Nextstar Evolution 6" scope which come with in-built Wi-Fi.

I also have the Celestron StarSense camera for auto alignment.

This uses a different hand controller from the standard one, it came with the StarSense.

Will TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition work with my scope?

Will I be able to link using both a USB cable (serial port) and with the in-built Wi-Fi?

How will TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition use the StarSense camera?

Thanks Dave 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,123
Software Bisque Employee

Thank you for your interest in TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition!

Dave:
This uses a different hand controller from the standard one, it came with the StarSense.

Will TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition work with my scope?

Yes, both the Serious Astronomer and Professional Editions of TheSkyX include support for the StarSense hand controller. When selecting the mount type in TheSkyX, it is important that the "StarSense Hand Controller" be chosen, as its support is sufficiently different from that for mounts equipped with the NexStar or NexStar+ hand controller.

Dave:
Will I be able to link using both a USB cable (serial port) and with the in-built Wi-Fi?

Yes to the cable method; hopefully soon to the Wi-Fi method. One of our customers who has created several other third-party device plug-ins for TheSkyX is currently working on a plug-in to support Celestron's various Wi-Fi solutions.

Dave:
How will TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition use the StarSense camera?

I'm not personally very familiar with this camera, but my understanding is that this is used only for automating sky alignment. I don't think TheSkyX will interact with that camera in any direct fashion.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 4

Hello Brian

Thank you for your prompt and accurate answers.

I do look forward to you having that wi-fi plugin, it will put you far ahead of your competitors!

I have now purchased your software and have started to play with it.

So far I think it looks excellent.

One question if I may, why sometimes when I pick an object does the scope take the long way round ie does 350 when 10 degrees the other way would have been so much faster :-)

Is this linked to cord wrap?

Thanks Dave

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,123
Software Bisque Employee

Dave:
I have now purchased your software and have started to play with it.

So far I think it looks excellent.

Thank you for your purchase! I'm glad you like it.

Dave:
Is this linked to cord wrap?

I think so. I have a Celestron NexStar+ GT-series mount that sometimes does the same thing, and I do have the option enabled to avoid cord wrap.

Note that, except when slewing our own Paramount mounts, TheSkyX does not determine the path a mount takes to arrive at the target position. That is determined by the mount controller.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 4

Thanks Brian for great support, highly apricated.

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+