Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Best telescope control system for custom mount : MKS 5000 or TCS bundle?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Denis.perotto Posted: 07-24-2018 2:43 AM

Hello,

I've been working on a Paramount ME since many years and I'm now working on a new custom mount, with a carrying capacity of the same range.

In the scope of this project I'm looking for an electronic control system that would be suited for such a mount, and I would be very happy to have the MKS/TCS system that is for me the best one available on the market, 

But I have a quitte stupid question : What is the real difference between the TCS bundle, designed for this use case, and the Paramount ME MKS 5000 + Motors available in spare parts?

There is a huge price difference between the two options. I know that the sensors have to be added but could you precise what explains such a difference in the price?

Regards

Denis

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,339
Software Bisque Employee

Denis.perotto:
What is the real difference between the TCS bundle, designed for this use case, and the Paramount ME MKS 5000 + Motors available in spare parts?
The Bisque TCS (and custom MKS 5000) supports larger DC-servo motors; each Bisque TCS installation is a one-off, custom solution that typically requires extensive support from multiple engineers.  We have not yet found any who want to work for free.  :-(

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 7

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response, and sorry if I suggested that your work/service should be free, it is not my point of view and the great value of your products and know-how certainly deserve to be remuneterated at its real value.

Am  I to understand the TCS Bundle and MKS5000 board+motors are the same technical products, but the TCS Bundle includes (in addition to the sensors and other "small" hardware)  the service from Software Bisque to help the end user to bring that in function?

Best regards

Denis

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,339
Software Bisque Employee

Denis.perotto:
and sorry if I suggested that your work/service should be free,
No offense taken.

Denis.perotto:
Am  I to understand the TCS Bundle and MKS5000 board+motors are the same technical products, but the TCS Bundle includes (in addition to the sensors and other "small" hardware)  the service from Software Bisque to help the end user to bring that in function?
Every installation is unique, and has different requirements (gear/pulley sizes that must be configured in TheSkyX, different home sensor mounting positions, existing worm block to gear reducer hardware, etc.).

Software Bisque will do its best to help guide you to get the Bisque TCS installed on your telescope or telescopes.  We're also a small company with limited human resources.  If necessary, we can draw up an initial service contract that outlines our participation in the project.  If the project is particularly time consuming, we may need to extend the contract to cover additional engineering costs.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+