Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Renewals

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Pete Wardley Posted: 07-26-2018 1:38 PM

Sirs,

not sure of the cost of renewing my subscriptions, inc delivery to U.K. 

Whilst finishing my online renewal just as I click finish I noticed the shipping UPS shipping fee was quoted at$999.

i cancelled the transaction instantly, before I renew could you clarify please.

Peter Wardley.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,123
Software Bisque Employee

Peter,

Our store automatically determines a shipping charge based on the product, which was high in your case because it included a mount. (By the way, the shipping charge for a mount is estimated, and subject to correction before shipping). Unfortunately, this is true even when the order is actually to renew a subscription to the product, rather than for the product itself. To compensate for this, in the case of a renewal we've configured our store to automatically apply a credit equal to the amount of, and thereby negating, the product's shipping charge.

As you can see in the below excerpt from your order, the apparent shipping charge was not reflected in the Grand Total.

But a mount doesn't truly have a subscription (in the case of your invoice, it's the second item with no charge), so there's no real reason to renew it.

Finally, I don't have access to the bookkeeping side of things, which might indicate otherwise, but from what I see, the order hasn't been cancelled.

I apologize for any confusion.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,123
Software Bisque Employee

By email 2018-07-28 07:13Z (How do I reply to a post on the Software Bisque Forum?):

Peter Wardley:

Sirs,
For the avoidance of doubt.
I do not need a mount, I have an ME2. I do not need to order one.
I clicked on "cancel" as soon as I could.
I an at a loss to understand how the renewal of a subscription means that one orders a mount.
Do not send one.
After the email prompt for renewal I thought that the software licence needed to be renewed .
If this is the case then this is all I need.
Peter Wardley

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,123
Software Bisque Employee

Thanks for the clarification, but it was understood that you weren't ordering a mount.

Peter Wardley:
I an at a loss to understand how the renewal of a subscription means that one orders a mount.

Renewing a subscription (of a mount) does not mean one orders a mount. Nor does a mount require a subscription renewal (the software provided with the mount, on the other hand, can optionally be renewed).

The commercially-obtained software we use for our online store presumes that any serialized product has a subscription. Since a mount has a serial number, the system assigns an expiration date to it and automatically sends an email notification when that subscription is nearing its expiration. But this notification can be ignored, as there really is no such subscription, and renewing it (the rate is zero dollars) achieves nothing but to push the expiration back and result in another such notification in the future.

Again, I apologize for the confusion, but we're presently constrained by the design of this server-side software.

Peter Wardley:
After the email prompt for renewal I thought that the software licence needed to be renewed .

For the software (not the mount, nor even its firmware), yes—except that it's optional, not necessary. If the subscription expires, it will mean you no longer have download access to the associated installers, but that won't affect the operation of the software you already have, nor any backups of the installers you've already obtained.

Peter Wardley:
If this is the case then this is all I need.

It is only because you also selected to renew the mount's "subscription" that you encountered the apparent shipping charge. Next time, just omit that from your renewal.

Peter Wardley:
I clicked on "cancel" as soon as I could.

Our Front Desk staff will have to confirm the true status, but according to what I see, the order is "Completed" and your subscriptions to TheSkyX Pro for Windows, the Multi-OS and Six-License Add On and Paramount ME II have been extended by a year.

By the way, I believe your Paramount ME II would have been supplied with a Paramount ME II Software Suite, but you've none registered. If you have that, I would encourage you to register it, as it encompasses TheSkyX Professional Edition as well as the TPoint Add On, Camera Add On, Dome Add On and Multi-OS and Six-License Add On. Then you'd have access to the installers for all supported operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux and Raspbian) and only one subscription to (optionally) renew.

Thank you for your continued support of Software Bisque's products!

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+