Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Considering SkyX Pro

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
fitzmier Posted: 08-19-2018 3:38 PM

Hello:

I have been using a number of other packages for acquisition, capture, etc. for my astro and astrophotography. Frankly, I am still looking for a stable solution that will accommodate the following:

Celestron AVS / Old handset -- not USB

Canon DSLR's

ZWO Cooled 1600 MM

ZWO Filter Wheel

Orion Star Shoot Autoguider Camera

Moonlite Focuser

and ... Macintosh OS x .... only.  No windows.  And I would like reliable, reasonably fast plate solving

Does the SkyX provide a reliable platform for this setup.  I am assuming I would need the basic package as well as T-Point and Camera Add Ons.

Any candid thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jack

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,529
Software Bisque Employee

fitzmier:

Hello:

I have been using a number of other packages for acquisition, capture, etc. for my astro and astrophotography. Frankly, I am still looking for a stable solution that will accommodate the following:

Celestron AVS / Old handset -- not USB

Canon DSLR's

ZWO Cooled 1600 MM

ZWO Filter Wheel

Orion Star Shoot Autoguider Camera

Moonlite Focuser

and ... Macintosh OS x .... only.  No windows.  And I would like reliable, reasonably fast plate solving

Does the SkyX provide a reliable platform for this setup.  I am assuming I would need the basic package as well as T-Point and Camera Add Ons.

Any candid thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TheSkyX Pro for Mac with the optional Camera Add On will control all of the above devices on macOS.  The optional TPoint Add On is not required, but is a great help for getting the mount accurately aligned with the pole, and improving telescope pointing accuracy.

Note that with the purchase of TheSkyX Pro, you have a 90-day trial of all the software Add Ons.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+