Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

SkyX Serious Astronomer

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Stephen MacMahon Posted: 08-28-2018 7:56 PM

Dear Sir,

I recently purchased the above programme. I am trying to connect my telescope with no success.

I have a Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro mount. When it asks for the mount, there is no Skywatcher mount in the list? Can you please advise how to get connection?

Sincerely,

Stephen MacMahon

My email address is :  stephenmacmahon51@gmail.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,134
Software Bisque Employee

Stephen,

For some reason the Sky-Watcher mounts were listed under the Orion Telescopes & Binoculars group. They were recently given their own proper group in TheSkyX Professional Edition, but apparently this hasn't yet impacted the Serious Astronomer Edition.

In any case, what matters is that any selection be made that uses the driver for "Celestron NexStar-compatible mount or telescope". If you'd like, you could place the attached, newer mountlist.txt file into the Resources\Common\Miscellaneous Files sub-folder of TheSkyX's installation folder. That should give you the Sky-Watcher group.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+