Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

TheSkyX with a ME

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
bla Posted: 09-05-2018 4:02 PM

Hello,
I am the Information Technology volunteer at our astronomy club. Our dark sky observatory is used regularly by our members and for periodic education and public outreach events. I'm trying to understand what we need in terms of software, add-ons, and/or licences.
We have had for many years a Paramount ME which we drive from a Windows XP (I know!) computer using TheSky 6. Everything works fine (although we have to do extra steps to load new comet data).
We recently purchased a Paramount MyT which came with TheSkyX of course. We now have this software installed on a new Windows 10 computer.
We bought a second Windows 10 computer and we'd like, for consistency for our observatory supervisors and operators, to use TheSkyX on this machine to command the Paramount ME.
Firstly, can TSX drive the ME? Secondly, what do we need to do to make this happen?
Thanks for your time.
regards,
Blake

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,450

I'm just another customer, and TSX will drive an ME just fine. You may have to reset the mount settings, ut other than that, works great.

The license allows use on 2 machines I think. Better check that (or wait for the official word from Bisque folks here).

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,529
Software Bisque Employee

bla:
Secondly, what do we need to do to make this happen?

• The Paramount Software Suite included with the Paramount MYT comes with the Multi-OS and Six License Add On, which allows TheSkyX and Add Ons can be installed on up to six machines, per supported OS for private, personal use; see the Software License Agreement.
  • Software Bisque grants your astronomy club permission to use/install TheSkyX Pro, and Add Ons, licensed with the Paramount MYT to control the Paramount ME, too.

As Colin points out, be sure to install the latest daily build (click Help > Check for Updates), and restore the MKS 4000 (the Paramount ME's control system) to default settings first; see this post for details.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+