Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Mounting MYT on a Losmandy HD tripod

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Joseph Barbieri Posted: 09-19-2018 7:43 PM

Greetings.

What adapter(s) would be necessary to mount a MYT to a Losmandy HD tripod?

Postings have pointed to ADM Accessories but I can't seem to find what would be needed on the site.

Thank you

Joe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,648
Software Bisque Employee

Joseph Barbieri:
What adapter(s) would be necessary to mount a MYT to a Losmandy HD tripod?
Sorry, we don't have first-hand experience mating the Paramount MYT to the Losmandy HD tripod.

From this post, I wrote:

Daniel R. Bisque:
ADM Accessories offers Paramount MYT adaptors to third-party tripods.  If not of these fit the bill, see this document for details about Software Bisque's pier adaptor options.

As the first link is now broken, it appears the ADM tripod to Paramount adapters have not made it to the new ADM Accessories web site.  However, OPT, for example, lists ADM Accessories tripod to Paramount adapters, such as this or this.

If you can post a photo of the top of the HD tripod, we can at least determine if mounting Software Bisque's Paramount MYT Pier Adaptor Plate is possible.  

You might contact ADM Accessories directly to get their input, too.

Related threads:

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 4

Thank you. As per your suggestion, attached are 2 photos of the Lomandy HD MA Tripod.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,648
Software Bisque Employee

Does the center hole pass through to the bottom of the tripod?  (Sorry, I cannot tell from the photo.)  If it does, you could use a length of threaded bolt rod with a nut and washers on both ends to secure the Paramount MYT Pier Adaptor Plate to the top of the extension tube (this is basically how the Paramount tube extensions work).  If not, since there's little surface area on the top of the extender, a custom extender-to-MYT adapter may be required.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 18

Hi Joseph. I have a MYT mounted on a Losmandy tripod. You can buy the top plate from Losmandy that mounts to the top of the riser on the tripod. All you would need then is a flat plate that the top plate from Losmandy tripod would attatch to the bottom of the MYT. I think ADM does sell such a plate. I had to drill holes in the flat plate for the Losmandy part to attatch to. Was pretty simple. 

Greg

Not Ranked
Posts 18

Joseph I think I have the Paramount MYT adapter plate on mine. Get the bottom plate of the head unit from Losmandy and screw the two together and you're all done. Center the Losmandy plate on the MYT plate for better results.

Greg

Not Ranked
Posts 4

Thank you Greg.

If it isn't too much of a bother, photos and part numbers would be of great help.

Thanks for your time.

Joe

Not Ranked
Posts 18

Joe , I can't find the Losmandy plate number online anywhere. If you call them they will know. I bought mine from them. It's the base plate of the head that connects to the tripod extension that you already have. It's on the bottom of the G-11 head unit. Then get the Paramount MYT adapter and screw together. 

Not Ranked
Posts 18

Joe, the part you need from Losmandy is called the MA Base. mount that to the MYT adapter plate. Which mounts to the bottom of the MYT mount. Then it's all done.

Greg

Not Ranked
Posts 18

Joe, I've sent 2 replies but they didn't seem to make it on here as of Saturday Morning. Anyways get an MA Base from Losmandy and that will connect you to your tripod. Then get the MYT adapter plate and that will connect the mount to the MA base . Just check orientation of the 3 screws on the MA base so that after marrying the 2 plates together you are facing North with the mount.

Greg

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+