Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

TheSky and MYT orders

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Edward Harp Posted: 09-20-2018 1:54 PM

So I have an MYT mount on order and I'm of course excited about getting it eventually.

And I am interested in beginning to build some experience with your software as well as a camera. I have used DSLRs up to now.

I am looking at the ZWO ASI071MC Pro (color). I assume this will work with your software.

More than that, I am wondering if it is possible to get a license for your software now. Given that it comes with the mount.

Thanks!

Ed Harp Gilroy, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,183
Software Bisque Employee

Ed,

Congratulations, and thank you for your order of a Paramount MYT Robotic Telescope Mount!

We are able to provide a temporary serial number that can be used to download and activate TheSkyX Professional Edition until you receive your mount and a permanent software serial number. As I don't see an order associated with your Edward Harp account, I presume you placed it through one of our dealers. If you'll please contact our Front Desk staff and supply them proof of your order (e.g. dealer name and invoice number, or a scan of the invoice), they should be able to help you further.

Thank you, and enjoy your new mount (soon)!

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 88

"I have used DSLRs up to now.  I am looking at the ZWO ASI071MC Pro (color)"

If you don't mind some unsolicited advice: 

Avoid "color" cameras because they are seriously crippled by the Bayer matrix.  The Bayer filters are inefficient for deep imaging color (compared to RGB or esp LRGB) and essentially prohibit narrow-band (a major discipline in astro-imaging). Of course full spectrum ("mono") DS is impossible for Bayer and produces much deeper and better defined images.  If you are moving on from DSLR then really move and get a true astro-cam.

Stan

Not Ranked
Posts 7

I ordered directly through you but there is probably an email difference between the order and registering for your forums.

Not Ranked
Posts 7

Thanks for the advice.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,183
Software Bisque Employee

Edward Harp:
I ordered directly through you but there is probably an email difference between the order and registering for your forums.

You mean you have created more than one member account? I do see another account, edwardharp, however it has no associated orders, so even if it is yours, there's apparently yet another from which you placed your order. We prefer that each member have a single account, if possible. I can help you consolidate yours, if you'd like.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 7

I did not create another account. I placed the order by phone with Leah. The email address for that order is {redacted}.

Then I created this account.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,183
Software Bisque Employee

Oh, I see. I removed your email address from your post, but it was the same one associated with this Edward Harp account. Might the edwardharp account, created in July of 2015, also be yours?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 7

Yes, that has to be me. I have been considering a MYT for some time.

If you can, please move everything to the email address of this account.

Not Ranked
Posts 7

Actually, these are all the same email address. If you can attach the order to this account please do.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,183
Software Bisque Employee

I've deleted the edwardharp account. I've also just asked our Front Desk staff to register to your Edward Harp account a temporary (if not the final) Paramount Software Suite serial number.

Once again, thank you for your order!

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 235
Software Bisque Employee

Hi Ed, 

I will assign a temporary license to your account. 

Please let me know if you would like Windows or Mac.

Best Regards,

Dorothy Nantz 

Front Desk

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Software Bisque Home

Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday Mountain Time (GMT-7:00) 

Not Ranked
Posts 7

Mac please.

Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+