Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

No connection to device. Error = 215

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Kevin Coghlin Posted: 10-01-2018 5:30 PM

I just purchased the software last night and am trying to get it working on my Mac book pro model 2018. Software version 10.13.6.

trying to setup my Orion 50mm guide scope. Guide scope camera is star shoot autoguider.

thank

kevin coghlin

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 120

Kevin,

My understanding is that it depends on the version of SSAG that you have.  If you have the original SSAG then it should connect.  

If you have a newer SSAG Pro, then many users (including me) have never been successful using it with SkyX in either Windows or Mac.  It works, I gather, with PHD2 in both formats.

good luck.

Mark

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,183
Software Bisque Employee

Kevin Coghlin:
I just purchased the software last night…

Thank you!

Kevin Coghlin:
…and am trying to get it working on my Mac book pro model 2018. Software version 10.13.6.

So you have macOS "High Sierra"; what version (including build) of TheSkyX is installed?

Kevin Coghlin:
trying to setup my Orion 50mm guide scope. Guide scope camera is star shoot autoguider.

What, specifically, isn't working? That is, at what step in the process (selecting the guider, connecting to the guider, using the guider) do you experience a problem? What error message do you receive, if any?

mwt2311:
If you have a newer SSAG Pro, then many users (including me) have never been successful using it with SkyX in either Windows or Mac.

How new is "newer"? I may personally be unaware of any recent related developments (with the release of High Sierra, for instance), but as far as I'm aware, TheSkyX's Camera Add On natively supports the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider (SSAG) on Mac and Windows 7. While it shouldn't impact Kevin, for Windows 8, and later, due to issues with the native support, we advise to instead connect via ASCOM.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 3

Brian.  The macOS is 10.13.6 Build (17G2307)

What is Specifically not working  = When I try to connect with the SSAG Camera it give me a Error = 215

Thanks for your help

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 120

Hi Brian,

There have been a number of threads on the subject of the Orion SSAG and Orion SSAG Pro over the years.  

For example, see this thread, which as far as Windows is concerned seems to suggest that the SSAG won't work with a 64 bit OS.:

http://www.bisque.com/sc/forums/t/27121.aspx?PageIndex=2

I suspect different users have different experiences.  Personally, I never succeeded in connecting my SSAG through TSX in Windows or Mac (as per the OP) and eventually gave it away to someone who used PHD guiding, where it connects with no problem in both Windows and Mac.  Initially I thought there was a distinction between the SSAG and the SSAG Pro (which I think is newer).  However, looking through the various threads, I suspect it is more to do with 64 bit OS. That doesn't explain my inability to connect in Mac, maybe others had more luck than me.

Best,

Mark

Not Ranked
Posts 3

Thanks Mark

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 120

Kevin,

By coincidence, this contemporary post shows an SSAG happily connected as auto guider in Mac.

http://www.bisque.com/sc/forums/p/34514/181700.aspx#181700

So my SSAG experiences in Mac were probably unique to my own incompetence.

Good luck.

Mark

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+