Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Mount not moving or connecting

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
lesliehebb Posted: 10-04-2018 3:00 PM

The telescope mount (paramount me ii) will no longer connect to the computer (windows 10 w/ skyX version 10.5.0 build 10305 professional edition).  There is no com port for the telescope that shows up under "mount settings" when I try to connect the telescope to the SkyX.   On my Windows 10 machine, I notice there is a problem with the telescope USB device in the Device Manager.   It says that Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43).  I tried to uninstall the driver and re-install the driver, but I get the same error in Device Manager.   

I cannot remember if I need to do anything to the mount to get the joystick on the handpaddle to work (other than make sure the mount is on and the joystick is plugged in), but at the moment, it does not move the mount.  

Can you help me figure out what to check next?   I cannot quite figure out if this is a complete hardware problem or some other software problem.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,648
Software Bisque Employee

lesliehebb:
The telescope mount (paramount me ii) will no longer connect to the computer (windows 10 w/ skyX version 10.5.0 build 10305 professional edition).
From TheSkyX, click Help > Check for Updates, and install the latest daily build.

lesliehebb:
There is no com port for the telescope that shows up under "mount settings" when I try to connect the telescope to the SkyX. 
And:

lesliehebb:
 On my Windows 10 machine, I notice there is a problem with the telescope USB device in the Device Manager.   It says that Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43).
This is root cause.  See this article for possible causes for the error message.  If Windows Device Manager cannot recognize the USB device, it could be a cabling issue, connection issue, or MKS 5000 PCB issue.

1. Review the troubleshooting steps this article
  2. If none of the suggestions bears fruit, the error could be the result of a MKS 5000 PCB component failure, and the MKS 5000 needs replaced. To the process started, please fill out an RMA Request Form and email it to the Front Desk.  See the appropriate: Warranty replacement procedure | Non-Warranty Replacement Procedure for step by step instructions how to proceed.

Here are additional MKS 5000 replacement links:

Thank you.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Not Ranked
Posts 4

Hello,

Should I be able to move the telescope using the handpaddle just by plugging in the hand paddle and turning on the telescope?   Even without a computer or without theSkyX or without homing the telescope?  

Thank you

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,183
Software Bisque Employee

The mount must be homed first, which can be initiated from the hand paddle by double-clicking the joystick.

Last year you reported using a Paramount ME II. Is that the mount you're currently troubleshooting? Have you updated TheSkyX Professional Edition for Windows to the latest Daily Build, as Daniel suggested?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 4

Thank you for replying to my query.   I read that in the handbook -- "that by double clicking on the joystick I can home the mount", but I did not understand what that meant.   The joystick is a little knob not a track pad.   What exactly is the motion I would make with the joystick to manually home the telescope?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,648
Software Bisque Employee

lesliehebb:
The joystick is a little knob not a track pad.
The mechanical joystick controller serves two purposes:

• As a joystick controller.  Push the joystick controller left/right/up/down to slew the mount in the corresponding axis.
  • As a button.  Place your finger on the top of the joystick knob.  Without moving the joystick from the center position, push the knob straight "down" (toward the hand paddle body) and release to perform one click of this button.  Repeat this process twice in succession to issue a Find Home command.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+