Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Time-out upon homing

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
Arne Bjørndahl Posted: 10-10-2018 2:17 AM

My Paramount ME is in a remote observatory, and I have encountered a problem. I get a time-out when homing the mount. Local support has discovered that under homing the mount moves in Ra, but not in dec. The following has been done:

Replaced usb cables, updated SkyX to latest build, checked that PC sees the driver. Stripped the mount and checked that cables going through the mount are not stuck.

What can cause the problem: defect dec motor, defect motherboard? Or something else? What diagnostics can we make to verify the problem?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,648
Software Bisque Employee

Arne Bjørndahl:
What diagnostics can we make to verify the problem?
Start here, and follow the advice in the post's links.  What you describe may mean the Paramount ME Dec motor needs replaced, but the above troubleshooting steps should be followed to be sure.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+