Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Adding Tpoint SuperModel Pointing Data to Second Copy of SkyX

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
mhaeri Posted: 10-10-2018 9:51 PM

We are running SkyX Pro on Windows 10 in our observatory.  In addition, we have a laptop with a second copy of SkyX, which we are setting up as a backup in case the situation ever warrants. 

I took a copy of our existing Super Model.tptx file and placed it in the appropriate folder (the identical folder) on the laptop copy of SkyX.  Then, using the Import Pointing Data command in the Tpoint Add On, I tried to simply add the model.  I notice that this feature is set up to recognize only .dat files.  When I selected all files as a workaround and attempted to import, I got an error.

Is there a way to take our existing Tpoint Super Model (it shows as a .tptx file) and import it into the SkyX Tpoint add-on on our laptop or do we need to collect new pointing data using the SkyX installed on the laptop?

Thanks,

mhaeri

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,183
Software Bisque Employee

Instead of using the Import command, try the Open command (also on the Setup tab of the TPoint Add On window).

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,158

mhaeri:
using the Import Pointing Data command in the Tpoint Add On, I tried to simply add the model.

This imports only the Dat file which you need to Export.

Save as...  Saves the TPTX file and 'Open' Opens the TPTX file for use.

Tom

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+