Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Program disappeared

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Dave Posted: 10-13-2018 4:35 PM

My Sky X suddenly disappeared and I cannot locate it on my computer (warning appeared saying shortcut has changed or moved).  How do I get it back?  My subscription doesn't expire until next year.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,183
Software Bisque Employee

First, we always recommend that users keep a backup of at least the latest TheSkyX full installer, latest update, and optionally (for the Professional Edition only), the latest daily build that they've obtained. That way, even if your software subscription expires, you should still have the ability to install TheSkyX again, such as when getting a new computer. Note that you cannot download these installers from our site unless you have a current (active) subscription, and even then, we only offer the latest full installer, update, and daily build; we don't keep archived copies of older installers on our site.

We also recommend that you back up your personalized settings for TheSkyX. See Backing Up TheSkyX's Settings.

Second, since your subscription is current, you have download access to the latest pertinent installers. If you've not already, I'd encourage you to download them, and of course, keep backup copies. See our TheSky Installers & Updates (All Editions) page. In your case, you'd specifically be seeking installers for TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition for Windows.

Third, is it the shortcut you can't find, or the file that it's supposed to launch? Either way, I'll try to give you enough information to resolve it. If you accepted the default installation location, then the executable file that needs to be run to launch TheSkyX is one of the following (depending upon Windows bitness).

32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Software Bisque\TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition\TheSkyX.exe

64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Software Bisque\TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition\TheSkyX.exe

Note that the .exe extension may be hidden on your system.

Once you've located that file in File Explorer, right-click on it and, if available, from the context menu choose Pin to Start. If instead you see Unpin from Start, then the shortcut is already on your Start Menu, and points to this file.

For more help with creating shortcuts, search the Web for articles like this one.

Let us know if that doesn't get you back in operation.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+