Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

SkyX camera model support

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Joe Kyle Posted: 10-18-2018 12:41 PM

Interested in purchasing a SB mount but I can't seem to find any indication that a Canon 5DSR is supported by the imaging software. Just want to confirm this before having to look for a different mount or camera.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,287
Software Bisque Employee

Thank you for considering a Paramount Robotic Telescope Mount!

TheSkyX Professional Edition with the Camera Add On (part of the Paramount Software Suite bundled with the mount) does support Canon DSLR cameras under control of the third-party BackyardEOS software (available for Windows only). In TheSkyX's Choose Camera window, you'd select the O'Telescopes / Backyard EOS option. You might search our forums for discussions of Canon DSLR or BackyardEOS (aka BYEOS).

I would also like to point out that, should you for any reason decide to use another party's automation software, most support Paramount mounts via scripted control of TheSkyX Professional Edition. Therefore, your decision about whether or not to get a Paramount mount really needn't depend upon your decision about TheSkyX software.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 2

Thanks Brian! I already have BYEOS so that's pretty easy!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,404
Software Bisque Employee

I'll echo what Brian said first... you can use any camera acquisition software you want with a Paramount.

The Canon DSLR has actually two options, the Backyard EOS/Backyard Nikon, and there is also a native X2 Canon DSLR plug-in that has a few more capabilities than the Backyard EOS options (to be fair, Backyard EOS also does a few things we don't do, like Live View).

Richard

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,287
Software Bisque Employee

Richard Wright:
…there is also a native X2 Canon DSLR plug-in…

Thanks for reminding me, Richard! And as a TheSkyX-native plug-in, it isn't limited to the Windows edition of TheSkyX.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+