Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

TheSkyX feature availability for AP mounts

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
yanamodake Posted: 10-24-2018 8:42 AM

Hi,

Can I expect the exact all same features to be available for the AP1100GTO as the SB mount such as ME II if I buy TheSkyX Professional and use it for the AP mount?
In other words, is there any feature that is only available for the pure SB mounts against the AP although they say the AP mount is natively supported.
http://www.bisque.com/help/theskyx%20pro%20info/Welcome.htm#t=Telescope_Control.htm
I have the AP mount being used in the field a few years with the keypad operation, and I am now going to build an observatory for remote use.
I am very interested in the TheSkyX Professional and  I would be able to save $$ if I could use the AP mount.
Thank you,
yanamodake
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,772
Software Bisque Employee

yanamodake:
Can I expect the exact all same features to be available for the AP1100GTO as the SB mount such as ME II if I buy TheSkyX Professional and use it for the AP mount?
While TheSkyX has exceptional control for telescope mounts, the Paramount mount has many exclusive features that are not available on other mounts. So, there's no way to get the "exact same features" found in a Paramount in any other mount.

yanamodake:
In other words, is there any feature that is only available for the pure SB mounts against the AP although they say the AP mount is natively supported.
Here are a few features:

• Configurable Flip Hour Angle
  • Reliable satellite tracking
  • Advanced control system settings (including PEC, tracking rates).
  • ProTrack-assisted tracking
  • Software-based tracking and slew limits

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,404
Software Bisque Employee

Daniel R. Bisque:
ProTrack-assisted tracking

This alone is worth the upgrade IMHO ;-)

Richard

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+