Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Latitude Adjustment Wedge for MyT?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Tertsi Posted: 10-31-2018 1:47 AM

MyT is designed to reach latitudes from 0 to 64 degrees. Is there a latitude adjustment wedge for MyT, if I wish to use it in 65 degrees?

I know that there is latitude wedge for MX+/ME/ME II (http://www.bisque.com/sc/shops/store/Latitude-Adjustment-Wedge.aspx).

Many thanks in advance for your replies!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,772
Software Bisque Employee

Thanks for considering the Paramount MYT!

Unfortunately, Software Bisque does not manufacture a latitude adjustment wedge for the Paramount MYT at this time. 

Let me check on the possibility of manufacturing this wedge.

Tertsi:
if I wish to use it in 65 degree
What is your exact latitude?  If the observing latitude is within a few degrees of the maximum polar axis elevation, there are a few (perhaps less than ideal, but would achieve the goal) alternatives:

• If the mount is attached to a tripod, one of the legs of the tripod can be shorted slightly to effectively raise the polar axis and allow the wedge to reach 65 degrees.   While the mount is not level in this case, TPoint can take care of any issues with respect to polar alignment (via the Accurate Polar Alignment feature), pointing, and tracking errors.
  • If the mount is attached to a pier, place a metal spacer (such as a washer) between the top of the pier mounting plate and the bottom of the mount to achieve the same result as described above.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+