Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

Two issues...

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 5
brianmaynard Posted: 11-08-2018 6:38 AM

I have a new MX+ mount that has what I think is a loose connection to the DEC motor. It doesn't happen all the time but on some initial power ups the motor will not connect or it will but will stop working in the middle of a slew. When I remove the cable access plate that's above the counter weight shaft, there are two white cables that run up toward the versa plate. I give them a wiggle and the motor will reconnect. I don't know if they are the actual culprit or maybe they are connected to something else? I don't want to start taking things apart without knowing what to look for.

#2- TSX

I am not able to connect the mount to any kind of software other than TSX. As much as I like the software I'd like to be able to step outside the Bisque box and use my other programs like Maxim DL 6 but I get nothing but error messages. I apologize, I cant remember the messages but it doesn't matter what program I try, nothing will connect. I have a Tak EM400 mount that I've been trying to connect to TSX but it doesn't let anything in either. My PC runs Windows 10 pro

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,772
Software Bisque Employee

Thanks for your patience while we try to tackle these three separate support issues.

Please be sure to install the latest version of TheSkyX Pro before proceeding.

brianmaynard:
I have a new MX+ mount that has what I think is a loose connection to the DEC motor. It doesn't happen all the time but on some initial power ups the motor will not connect or it will but will stop working in the middle of a slew. When I remove the cable access plate that's above the counter weight shaft, there are two white cables that run up toward the versa plate. I give them a wiggle and the motor will reconnect. I don't know if they are the actual culprit or maybe they are connected to something else? I don't want to start taking things apart without knowing what to look for.

1. Turn off the mount.  Turn on the mount.  Does the mount's control system initialize normally (as described in the Paramount User Guide, listen to this audio to hear the normal startup sounds; this audio for error condition feedback)?  If the control system does not initialize normally, what is the status of the three LEDs on the Electronics Box?  Is the control system emitting any audible error beeps?  If the control system initializes normally, there's nothing wrong with the control system, the Dec motor, or the internal Dec motor cables.
  2. Please refer to this document for details about every cable in the MKS 5000 control system.  There are two white cables plugged into the MKS 5000 PCB inside the Electronics Box that are the USB cables for the Instrument Panel.  These cables are not related to the Dec motor or Dec motor operation.  Can you post a photo of the two cables you are wiggling?

brianmaynard:
I give them a wiggle and the motor will reconnect.
What, specifically, do you mean by "the motor will reconnect"?  How are you concluding that the motor is disconnected? 

brianmaynard:
it will but will stop working in the middle of a slew.

1. Does TheSkyX show an error message?  If so, what is the exact wording of the error message, and error number?
  2. Does the mount's control system emit any error conditions (refer to the audio recording above)?
  3. What is the status of the LEDs when the motors "stop working in the middle of a slew"?

brianmaynard:
I am not able to connect the mount to any kind of software other than TSX.
Paramount mounts can be controlled via any ASCOM-compatible software using the Ascom2XMount Adaptor (the installer is located here).

brianmaynard:
but I get nothing but error messages.

1. What version of the ASCOM platform is installed?
  2. What "mount" is selected in the third-party software?
  3. What is the exact wording of every error message encountered?

brianmaynard:
I have a Tak EM400 mount that I've been trying to connect to TSX but it doesn't let anything in either. My PC runs Windows 10 pro
TheSkyX can successfully control Temma mounts via TheSkyX's native driver, and/or the ASCOM driver, with a suitable USB to serial adapter using the latest USB to serial adapter drivers. 

For the ASCOM Temma support,

• The latest ASCOM platform must be installed.
  • The latest ASCOM Temma "driver" must be installed.
Whether using TheSkyX native support or ASCOM,
  1. From TheSkyX, click Telescope > Telescope Setup.  What is the exact name of the Mount selected?
  2. What is the exact wording of the error message?
  3. What is the exact make and model of the USB adapter?  Are the latest software drivers installed?

Temma-related Support Posts

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+