Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

apple users to require 64-bit compaltibility for skyx software

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
mike white Posted: 11-10-2018 5:24 PM

in order to be compatible with apple's conversion from 32-bit applications to 64-bit applications, will software bisque have upgrades available for skyx first light edition? i just received a notice after i upgraded my operating system from high sierra to mojave.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,343
Software Bisque Employee

We anticipate completing the conversion of the various editions of TheSkyX for Mac to 64-bit ahead of the discontinuation of 32-bit application support in macOS. This will likely begin with TheSkyX Professional Edition (for which a 64-bit version is already in beta-testing phase), then progress to the Serious Astronomer and Student Editions. I don’t have an official word on this yet, but I think this will also carry over to the First Light Edition.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 3

thank you for the information.

if it does carry over, would i need to check the forum for the update, or will you be emailing the users of first light edition when it becomes available?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,343
Software Bisque Employee

Sorry, I hadn't noticed your reply before now. We don't announce the availability of updates via email (we might for a major upgrade, such as previously from TheSky6 to TheSkyX) so I would recommend that you periodically run TheSkyX's Help > Check for Updates command. You could also check the forums or post the question again (by reply here, for instance) after a spell. I'd give it a few months.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 3

that works for me! thanks again brian.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+