Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

MX+ and SP Pier Measurements

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bill Hutton Posted: 11-16-2018 4:42 PM

My apologies for posting this again in Pre-Sales forum but I've not received any response on the MX Forum.  Since it is a pre-sale question it probably belongs here instead.  Feel fee to delete my post on the other forum.

I'm upgrading my pier and mount to the MX+ which was delivered today.  But I need some measurements to finalize which size of pier to order.

The MX Basic Dimension pdf gives measurements for different altitudes, but the Height X is not defined on the drawing as far as I can tell.

Is Height X suppose to be the measurement from the highest point on the Versa plate to the lowest end of the counterweight shaft?

On the dedicated ME website, in Piers>Existing/Custom Piers, the ME is shown at different elevations on an 11" pier.  So I can order the correct height pier for the I need a similar measurement for 40° for the MX+, with or without a pier.

Lastly, for now, what is the distance from the centerpoint of the counterweight shaft at 90° i.e. parallel to the ground.  Again, with or without a pier.

With these measurements, I should be able to figure out the correct height of pier to give me comfortable clearance for my equipment when pointed vertically at the meridian.

Thanks for the help.

Bill

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,902
Software Bisque Employee

Bill Hutton:
I'm upgrading my pier and mount to the MX+ which was delivered today.
Great, thank you!

Bill Hutton:
Is Height X suppose to be the measurement from the highest point on the Versa plate to the lowest end of the counterweight shaft?
Yes.  What can be confusing about the drawing is that the Height X measurement shows both the maximum position for the Versa-Plate and the and minimum position of the bottom of the counterweight shaft .  In this technical drawing, when the polar axis is about 60 degrees, the Versa-Plate intersects the top horizontal line; when the polar axis is at about 5 degrees, the bottom of the counterweight shaft, when the counterweight shaft is vertical, intersects the bottom horizontal line.

Bill Hutton:
With these measurements, I should be able to figure out the correct height of pier to give me comfortable clearance for my equipment when pointed vertically at the meridian.
At 40 degrees latitude, the "total height' of the Paramount MX+ is 31.7 inches.  Don't forget that this height will not include the height added by the OTA.  The balance point of the OTA will ultimately define the total height of "mount + equipment".

The Paramount ME Computing Pier Height has some additional advice that may be useful.

Daniel R. Bisque

Software Bisque, Inc.

862 Brickyard Circle

Golden, Colorado 80403-8058

Office Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday GMT-7:00

Posting Etiquette

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+