Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

What version to purchase - Mac AND Pc

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
kjeanpaul Posted: 12-02-2018 3:11 AM

Dear Presales support,

broswing your website and many options, I cannot figure out what option works best for me.

I have 2 computers I would keep using for astrophotography, one new MacBook Pro and my old Windows7 PC.

I would like to buy the SkyX software and be able to run it on both systems. As I am not also very sure which computer I will mainly use in future, I am not really able to choose right now which version to purchase.

I found an Addon for multi Licence versions. Is this what I need? With this Add On, I understand I can install on both my PC and Mac the software, correct? And this is an extra 140$ on top of the software price, correct?

Can I purchase this add on later on after I purchase the SKYX sw? let us say I first purchase the MAC version, then later purchase this Addon so I can also install on my PC?

Other question please: I am not sure which version I should buy. My needs are for Astrophotography and Autoguiding (Celestron Advanced VS and 800 EdgeHD), Autoguiding through OAG and Guidescope, CCD Zwo ASI294MC Pro and Canon EOS1200D, With and without Hyperstar.

Your advices would be appreciated,

Many thanks, Jean-Paul

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,343
Software Bisque Employee

Thank you for considering TheSkyX Astronomy Software!

kjeanpaul:
I would like to buy the SkyX software and be able to run it on both systems.

and

kjeanpaul:
I found an Addon for multi Licence versions. Is this what I need? With this Add On, I understand I can install on both my PC and Mac the software, correct?

Yes, the Multi-OS and Six-License Add On (aka MOS6LAO)—in conjunction with TheSkyX Professional Edition (aka TSX Pro)—permits a single user to download TSX Pro installers for any or all supported OSes (Windows, Mac, Linux and Raspbian), as well as to install TSX Pro on up to six computers per OS. (Note that this is all intended for a single, private user's use.)

kjeanpaul:
And this is an extra 140$ on top of the software price, correct?

USD $149, actually, but yes, it is in addition to the cost of TSX Pro.

kjeanpaul:
Can I purchase this add on later on after I purchase the SKYX sw?

Certainly. At any time. Note that TSX Pro and the MOS6LAO have subscriptions that can optionally be renewed. The first year's subscription is included with each. A current subscription to TSX Pro is required to have download access to the pertinent installers, but is not required to use the software. A current subscription to the MOS6LAO is required to legally use TSX Pro on any OS beyond the primary OS of the TSX Pro. That is, if you buy TSX Pro for Mac and the MOS6LAO, then later decide to only use TSX Pro for Windows, you'll need to maintain the MOS6LAO subscription (by special request, we can instead change your primary OS).

kjeanpaul:
I am not sure which version I should buy.

I believe you're asking which edition you would need. The Camera Add On is required for integrated support of imagers and guiders (as well as focusers, rotators and filter wheels). As with the MOS6LAO, the CAO requires TheSkyX Professional Edition. An option would be to start with a lower edition, then upgrade to TSX Pro (and the CAO) when you're ready to begin using camera-related functionality.

You may find helpful our TheSkyX Pro Upgrade Options and FAQs page, and our knowledge base article Is a Trial Version of TheSkyX Software Available?.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

© 2018 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+