Software Bisque

Take a virtual tour of the Software Bisque campus Watch Steve Bisque discuss the Paramount mount with S&T's Dennis Di Cicco Read the Paramount MYT Review Read about the Paramount Software Suite

The SkyX Serious Astronomer is Crashing

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
christoffer7705 Posted: 12-11-2018 3:15 PM

Hi,

I get an application crash when im trying to change my view, the buttons Look North,Look East,S,W and Look Up and the Terrestrial Sphere? 

BR

Chris

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,445
Software Bisque Employee

Here are some things to check. I'd suggest you try each in the order I've listed them, while testing for the crash, and only proceed to the next if the crashing persists.

1. If you have a panoramic horizon photo active (see the Horizon tab of the Display > Horizon & Atmosphere Options window), try disabling it.
  2. If that doesn't eliminate the crashing, next disable TheSkyX's graphics hardware acceleration.
  3. Restore TheSkyX's Default Settings.
Report back which of these eliminated the crashing, and we can go from there.

UPDATE: I should also ask, what is the exact version and build of TheSkyX you're using, and for what OS (i.e. Windows or Mac)?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 3

Hi,

The first option solved the problem thank you very much.

BR

Chris

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,445
Software Bisque Employee

You're welcome. But do you need the panoramic horizon photo, and if so, does the problem occur with only one of them, or more?

You maybe missed my update to my prior post, but I also asked what exact version and build of TheSkyX you are using, and for what OS (Windows, Mac)?

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Not Ranked
Posts 3

No i don't need panoramic horizon, i have version 10.5.0 (Build 10569) running on Windows 10.

Br

Chris

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,445
Software Bisque Employee

Okay. Thanks for clarifying your edition and version of TheSkyX.

Brian S. Rickard
Software Bisque, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

© 2019 Software Bisque, Inc. 862 Brickyard Circle, Golden, CO 80403-8058 USA - phone: +1 303 278 4478 fax: +1 303 278 0045
Google+